Another passport question

beaming90

We just got our passports yesterday (Yippeeee! It took from the day after Thanksgiving to yesterday to get them) and I keep reading that we should make a copy of them to keep with us on the ship at all times. I'm feeling a little stupid here...Do I make copies of the whole thing? Or just the pages where the info is with our pictures? Thank you! :o

I keep reading that we should make a copy of them to keep with us on the ship at all times. I'm feeling a little stupid here...Do I make copies of the whole thing? Or just the pages where the info is with our pictures? Thank you! :o
Only the front two pages. You probably don't need to keep those copies with you everywhere you go, but keep them in a place different than the one you keep your passport.

It may also be a good idea to leave a copy with someone at home, so they could fax it in case of a huge emergency.

Most of the copy stuff is never needed, but if it was, boy it would save headaches. I also keep my passport # in my palmpilot (if you don't have one of those you might keep it as a cellphone memory spot).

You do not need to take a copy with you anywhere on the ship. I do make a small copy and laminate it to take with me when on shore. I don't need to, but I am anal!

Congratulations on getting your passport! It is a liberating feeling, isn't it?! Now you can go ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!!!!!

My passport is with me anytime I'm not on U.S. soil. Should a problem arise, foreign governments don't accept 'copies' of passports.

I know. I just believe that it will help me with the American Consulate if I should ever get stuck someplace.

I do a lot of beach excursions and snorkeling and don't want to worry about having my real passport with me. American passports are a valuable commodity!

I am not arguing, just my thoughts.

Archived