Opinions on club 02 for a 15 yr old.

Rainbowfalls

Hello all. Our cruise is coming up seeeemiii shortly least for me in December. We will have my bfs daughter who is 15. My question is for those with teens around this age did you let them go to club 02.. Why or why not. Those that had teens that went what was the opinions from your teens of 02?

My concern is the youtube vidoes semi recently of more adult like behavior going on in club 02. I know this varies cruise to cruise but i am just a bit worried it maybe more older kids closer to 18 then i am comfortable with. (Overconcerned maybe to be step parent thats me lol).

[emoji312][emoji568][emoji572]next cruise: Carnival Liberty [emoji562] 12.9.18[emoji572][emoji568][emoji312]

My sons have both gone to Club O2 at 15 and really enjoyed it. Most recently my youngest this summer on the Magic. It really depends on the kid. My boys are both very independent and have both been around older teens a lot so are comfortable with being themselves and not pressured to do anything. Not sure I would have done as well at 15. I recommend having her go the first night and see how she feels about it. That first night has always been critical for my boys at every age for meeting their “group” for the cruise. Whatever y’all decide, have a great cruise!

My niece and son are 15 and we just went on a cruise. They love it. It’s more hanging out. I do understand the concern though. There are more mature and more experienced children out there. I’m always a little nervous the crowd.

I certainly don’t think my kids are angels but they are not as worldly as some others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think it depends on the personalities and your individual children. My son wouldn't consider doing any of the clubs growing up because he is a bit introverted and enjoys the company of adults or his own self. My daughter went the first night, met some people to hang out with, and never did any of the organized activities. By the time my daughter was 15, I felt comfortable letting her roam the ship alone (but I did enforce a curfew.) We always ate dinner together and did excursions together, though.

I took my youngest granddaughter on her first cruise at age 15. She had a great time.

The O2 age group seems to break into small groups early. She joined in some of the planned activities, and often just met up with a group to hang out during the day and/or after dinner.

They are given a schedule of activities the first night that covers the duration of the cruise. Each evening at dinner we agreed on a loose outline for the following day. (Post-it notes were invaluable for changes in plans.)

The most important thing (after enrolling in your Cruise Manager) is to attend the first night orientation.

I hope the young lady has as much fun as my granddaughter did.

She has expressed interest in being around kids her age so me and her dad have been trying to get enough knowledge about 02.

Thank you all for the feedback it does help with the nervous feeling lol. I wish they had a bit smaller gap 15 compared to those about to be 18.

[emoji312][emoji568][emoji572]next cruise: Carnival Liberty [emoji562] 12.9.18[emoji572][emoji568][emoji312]

Hello all. Our cruise is coming up seeeemiii shortly least for me in December. We will have my bfs daughter who is 15. My question is for those with teens around this age did you let them go to club 02.. Why or why not. Those that had teens that went what was the opinions from your teens of 02?

My concern is the youtube vidoes semi recently of more adult like behavior going on in club 02. I know this varies cruise to cruise but i am just a bit worried it maybe more older kids closer to 18 then i am comfortable with. (Overconcerned maybe to be step parent thats me lol).

You can ask the camp crew if they let any overage kids into Club 02 or of they check ages since more than one poster has suggested they fudge ages so their kids can join whatever group they want.

My kids were 2 and 8 when we stayed cruising and are now 14 and 20. They have both loved all the camps, including the oldest in O2. He is a super smart, non social, Pokémon/anime, nature loving kid and on each cruise found friends. That’s saying something.

Now both my boys are also well mannered good kids, and the oldest doesn’t drink for personal reasons to this day. My youngest is an athlete and a rule follower so I don’t worry about him either.

So, knowing my kids, I have full confidence in using Club 02. They know to obey the simple rules of 1) “don’t do anything you wouldn’t do with me standing there” and 2)no going into other people’s rooms or bringing them to yours.

Ships are small and it is very easy to find you kid simply by walking around - there are only so many places they want to be. With some simple parenting guidelines, a cruise is a great way to give your child some wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums