Has anyone had NCL book their Air for them?

steveweese

we usually prefer to book our own flights and fly out at least a day early

however we have booked passage with air twice

first time was London to Miami

flight day before with British airways and airport hotel with transfers from airport and to cruise ship next day

We were staying on in Florida for a week post cruise so had to pay a flight deviation fee[i think about £50] to alter included flight back

not bad experience but could have done cheaper ourselves

2nd time was flight within Europe London Gatwick to Barcelona also with British Airways

however the flight was 6.15 am day before cruise so we made our own way down to Gatwick and pre flight hotel at our own expense

in Barcelona transfers provided from airport to NCL preferred hotel just off Pl Catalunya

at breakfast next morning the hotel was full of cruisers and a desk set up for people to check in their luggage and be transferred 11.30am to ship

we wanted to be onboard ASAP so informed agent would be making our own way to port

we got taxi 10.30 and beat the crowds and boarded just before 12 in time to have a leisurely lunch

disembarkation

our flight wasn't till 3pm and the provided transfer would have got us to airport some stupid time like 8am-far too much time to kill

so we had a leisurely breakfast and were amongst last off around 9.30am and caught taxi from rank to airport where we still had hours to kill but not as bad as if had taken all arrangements as booked by NCL

so that is our experience and why we prefer to make our own travel arrangements

I used Norwegian for air when doing a Trans-atlantic cruise. I live near a major international airport so I was booked direct to LHR from here. I also got to pick my seats when we were given the flight information. It worked out cheaper than I could have done on my own as it included transfer from LHR to the docks at Dover. I had no problem with this at all. We did arrive the day of the cruise, but since everything was booked through Norwegian they did hold the ship for our bus. We were the last load to arrive.

I used Norwegian for air when doing a Trans-atlantic cruise. I live near a major international airport so I was booked direct to LHR from here. I also got to pick my seats when we were given the flight information. It worked out cheaper than I could have done on my own as it included transfer from LHR to the docks at Dover. I had no problem with this at all. We did arrive the day of the cruise, but since everything was booked through Norwegian they did hold the ship for our bus. We were the last load to arrive.

now that would make me really nervous

I know a lot of claims are made about ship wil wait for you but if the ship absolutely has to leave because of tides etc what that guarantee actually means is that they will get you to next port to catch up

if there is a seaday in between that's a shortened cruise

I will always plan at least 1 day pre cruise in port area