Water and non-alcoholic drinks

oskarNZ

Hi Everyone,

I have cruised Celebrity once before, but for the life of me, I can’t remember the answer to the following questions.

1) Is filtered tap water easily accessible around the whole ship? i.e. At restaurants and bars can we get iced water in a glass that has not come from a bottle or container. We’re trying to minimise our plastic footprints.

Similarly, is the tap water in rooms drinkable and if not, can we bring a reusable drink bottle and fill it up somewhere?

2) Are any non-alcoholic cold drinks available in the buffet or MDR for free e.g. juice at breakfast? We’re putting a limit on the amount of drinks my son can drink on the cruise (both from a sugar and dollar perspective) and I’m trying to decide on that limit based on what’ll he’ll be able to access for free.

Thanks everyone.

Yes to all. There is water around the ship you can use to fill containers and actually the tap water is fine to drink although most people won't. Who knows.....

Yes, you can get ice water in a glass at dinner. Kind of automatic.

They usually have coffee, lemonade, fruit punch and ice tea at the drink stations and MDR for free. Now it's not real lemonade..... Oh they have OJ too but again, not real OJ. Oh and milk too, including chocolate.

enjoy

Yes to all. There is water around the ship you can use to fill containers and actually the tap water is fine to drink although most people won't. Who knows.....

Yes, you can get ice water in a glass at dinner. Kind of automatic.

They usually have coffee, lemonade, fruit punch and ice tea at the drink stations and MDR for free. Now it's not real lemonade..... Oh they have OJ too but again, not real OJ. Oh and milk too, including chocolate.

enjoy

Excellent. Thanks!

That’s more included drinks than I was expecting.

So, if I understand correctly, he can get a chocolate milk or fake lemonade even at dinner or lunch?

With that in mind, one paid drink a day will be more than enough and there’s no need to get him a non-alcoholic package of any sort.

You may bring soft drinks on board with you. Buy a case of your son's favorite drink, put a luggage tag on it and it will be delivered to your cabin with your luggage.

If you find your plan doesn't work, you can purchase a beverage package any time up to the last three days of the cruise. No need to decide beforehand.

You may bring soft drinks on board with you. Buy a case of your son's favorite drink, put a luggage tag on it and it will be delivered to your cabin with your luggage.

If you find your plan doesn't work, you can purchase a beverage package any time up to the last three days of the cruise. No need to decide beforehand.

That’s good to know. Thanks!

Ask your stateroom attendant for an ice bucket and a water pitcher. They will refill them twice each day, when they service the room, (or at other times upon request).

Then it is very easy to refill your own water bottles or glasses from the spout on the water pitcher, and that way you always have cold drinking water available.

Many people drink the tap water from the bathroom, which is generally fine, but it sometimes varies in quality from time to time.

They put extra filters on the drinking water dispensers up at the buffet, so you may prefer to get your water up there, if you are picky about your drinking water.

At least we have always found the drinking water there, and in the various dining venues, to be quite good.

At breakfast, they have a couple of different kinds of juices available in help-yourself dispensers at the buffet. Later in the day the juices are replaced by lemonade and fruit punch.

There are also help-yourself packets of hot chocolate mix and assorted tea bags available, and various types of milk.

You can pick up some small cartons of whatever type of milk you prefer at breakfast to take back to your cabin and store in your mini-fridge, so your son can have them available to drink whenever he wants.

(Of course there is also room service.)

If your stateroom category does not include a footrest, a large, partially inflated beach ball makes even a better, more comfortable footrest than the ones provided by the ship.

We always bring one along (flat and deflated) in a suitcase.

• Like 1