Vision Changes?

capnlars

Vision gets out of drydock today. There are new deck plans on RCI's site (now showing effective dates of 1/12/06 - 4/07), but I don't see any changes that have been made to any public rooms or layouts????!!!

Rumor had it on these boards that there was going to be a Chops or Portofinos replacing one of the lounges - and possible the addition of a concierge lounge.

Maybe they just put up the dates but haven't modified the actual plans yet - anyone in the know on this?

I'm curious, too. If nothing comes up before then, there's a guy doing the 1/13 and 1/15 B2B who said he'll try to post some information in the 1/15/06 roll call thread.

[Edit: Or CL-JW could let us know here. Guess I'm too slow.]

-Y

From our 1/15 Meet and Mingle board.....one of our group is on the 1/12 3 day cruise and reports that

1) No concierge lounge has been added

2) No specialty restaurant has been added

3) They are still doing some cleanup from drydock, but expect that to be complete by our cruise on the 15th.

Larry

We're onboard now and, as already reported, no specialty restaurant or Concierge Club have been added. In fact, the drydock work is pretty much invisible from the passengers' perspective - the cabin decor is unchanged, and the common areas, although lovely, haven't been changed (maybe because they're already lovely, LOL).

We heard that the main change was to a propeller. Also, there is Wifi access (I'm using it now from my cabin, JS 8088 all the way aft). The purser's desk is unaware of this fact - my laptop detected the network, but the screen said to contact guest relations to activate a user name/password. When I called they said that Wifi wasn't available. I went to the Internet cafe, set up my user name & password, went back to the cabin and it worked just fine.

The access options were 50 cents/minute or package rates. Maybe if they think the system isn't working, I won't get charged, hee.

I guess it makes sense that nothing was added since the drydock time was pretty short for major changes. However, I really think RCI missed a great opportunity for a revenue enhancement if they would have added a specialty restaurant. I know we would have used it at least once, perhaps more, on our upcoming Alaskan cruise.

IMO, the major problem with Vision class ships is a definate lack of dining options. Essentially, you have the Windjammer and main dining room. The Solarium has never offered much in the way of food which is edible.

I guess it makes sense that nothing was added since the drydock time was pretty short for major changes. However, I really think RCI missed a great opportunity for a revenue enhancement if they would have added a specialty restaurant. I know we would have used it at least once, perhaps more, on our upcoming Alaskan cruise.

IMO, the major problem with Vision class ships is a definate lack of dining options. Essentially, you have the Windjammer and main dining room. The Solarium has never offered much in the way of food which is edible.

A Latitudes/Ben & Jerry's would be nice too!!

A Latitudes/Ben & Jerry's would be nice too!!

Anything that added someplace one can grab a decent snack would have been nice. Even the Soveriegn class has Sorrento's pizza, which is decent pizza. The last couple of pieces of pizza I've had from the solarium cafe (Enchantment 12/2005) stunk. The hot dog I had was one bite and in the trash can. Even that bite kept biting me back the rest of the day.

We're onboard now and, as already reported, no specialty restaurant or Concierge Club have been added. In fact, the drydock work is pretty much invisible from the passengers' perspective - the cabin decor is unchanged, and the common areas, although lovely, haven't been changed (maybe because they're already lovely, LOL).

We heard that the main change was to a propeller. Also, there is Wifi access (I'm using it now from my cabin, JS 8088 all the way aft). The purser's desk is unaware of this fact - my laptop detected the network, but the screen said to contact guest relations to activate a user name/password. When I called they said that Wifi wasn't available. I went to the Internet cafe, set up my user name & password, went back to the cabin and it worked just fine.

The access options were 50 cents/minute or package rates. Maybe if they think the system isn't working, I won't get charged, hee.

Hey you are in our cabin that we have next month, how does it look? Anything new in there been done during the dry docking ? Rugs, etc. besides the Wifi ? Take good care of our cabin please;)

Jimbo:)

Jan, the cruise director is Keith Williams, from Las Vegas. He's quite good - I would even dare say classy. Not a lot of cheesy Bingo and art auction announcements, and he's very funny.

We do have Ben & Jerry's & Lattetudes on board. They were here before the drydock.

Jimbo, the cabin decor is the same as before. If you're a Trojan fan, you should love it - red & yellow on everthing except for one ottoman, which is my Bruins' blue & yellow. I'll try to take & post (that's the hard part for me) pictures.

The balcony is currently outfitted with two regular chairs, two loungers and two chairs with ottomans. We still had plenty of room for 8 at sailaway!

We do have Ben & Jerry's & Lattetudes on board. They were here before the drydock.

I'm glad to at least hear that. It's been some time since we sailed on Vision and the J&J wasn't there last time we were on her. It's to bad Vision wasn't in dry dock long enough to put a specialty restaurant on her. I guess the revenue lost from the extra time they'd have needed to make that change didn't equal the revenue earned by getting back on the water with passengers onboard.

Archived