Embarkation Bags

Tntt

I know I've asked a lot of questions lately, my spouse and I and our 2 teens will have carry ons but we are not sure what type of bag to bring. Since royal now allows 12 case non alcoholic beverages to be carried on, would it be best to bring a duffel bag or a backpack to carry? I dont want to drag around something too heavy but I want to make sure I have everything I need just in case my luggage takes awhile to get to my stateroom. Also lord forbid if our luggage gets lost how does the cruise line compensate you or help you to buy things that you need?

We have ultra light rolling duffel bags for luggage and they work great.. We keep one of the small ones for carry on, and check the rest. They are nice and roomy, so you can get quite a bit in them. Suggest you do not bring anything large. It's a pain if you get there early, before the rooms open, and have to wheel it around.

If bringing water etc then you will need a rolling bag. Much easier than carrying it in a duffle or backpack. You could put essentials in one or two of your backpacks.

Buy insurance to cover baggage loss and trip interruption,etc.

Before embarking we take our backpacks and swap out the things we needed for our flight such as large Headphones, travel pillows and put them in our suitcases. We make sure our swimsuits go in the back packs and any meds we need. The reason being that if your suitcase is lost Royal may may have some swimwear, but it might not be what you would wear and it may be pricey. Same for sandals.

Now if our baggage never shows up (extremely rare chance) :

our insurance will reimburse us when we get back. We would charge anything we need to our account as you can get some types of clothing on board, toiletries such as toothpaste, etc on board.

I’m not sure I would wait on Royal to do something. I would get our minimal clothing needs met first then see what they could do to help after.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums