Cruise Review: Escape From New York, Sept. 2-9, 2018

PaulInPGH

I'm sorry, but I don't have them. For some reason, I never remember to do this, I think at least in part because our Dailies take quite the beating as we carry them around all day. If you're wondering about something in particular I can see what the old memory can do, or someone who is better prepared than myself can weigh in.

Cheers.

No worries. I was trying to figure out comedy shows and Howl at the Moon, mostly. Oh, and Escape the Big Top.

No worries. I was trying to figure out comedy shows and Howl at the Moon, mostly. Oh, and Escape the Big Top.

I don't recall anything about Escape the Big Top. Howl at the Moon and the comedy shows alternated nights, I believe, with Howl at the Moon on days 1, 3, 5, and 7. We tried going to Howl at the Moon a couple different times but it was always insanely packed. I'd suggest going as early as you can. We didn't even try the comedy show, but we did see the line was huge, so definitely keep that in mind. At least on the Getaway, it was possible to reserve the comedy shows in advance while onboard, but I don't know if that's the same on Escape.

Good luck, and enjoy!

I looked up your Europe review and loved it[emoji122][emoji3]. A great read and reminded me of the wonderful things we’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. I plan on going back and finishing that review soon. I really want to write about Venice, which turned out to be our favorite part of that trip.

Cheers.

I don't recall anything about Escape the Big Top. Howl at the Moon and the comedy shows alternated nights, I believe, with Howl at the Moon on days 1, 3, 5, and 7. We tried going to Howl at the Moon a couple different times but it was always insanely packed. I'd suggest going as early as you can. We didn't even try the comedy show, but we did see the line was huge, so definitely keep that in mind. At least on the Getaway, it was possible to reserve the comedy shows in advance while onboard, but I don't know if that's the same on Escape.

Good luck, and enjoy!

We were able to make reservations for the Comedy shows (only once on board, not through the My NCL site) on the Escape back in February.

Thank you so much for this delightful review! I have thoroughly enjoyed every word, photo, sip and tasty bite of your adventure.

I can't wait for you to finish your European review!

Thanks so much; that's very kind. I will post here when I get the Europe review going again!

Cheers.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Isn't Escape the Big Top the escape room rather than an actual show????

MARAPRINCE

Excellent review! Thank you for posting it!

My wife and I were also on this sailing and we had a blast!!!

Thank you. I'm glad you guys had a great trip, as well. Any particular favorite things/meals/experiences from the trip?

Cheers.

Having failed at digestion, we decided to get back on the pizza train and hit our last stop of the tour. Our next and final destination was Di Fara, which was thankfully only a few subway stops away. Again, we lucked out and avoided the typical long lines at this very popular pizza spot. And I have to tell you, I’m glad that was the case, because if I waited over an hour to get this pizza, I would have been very displeased.

The pizza at Di Fara was flavorful, I’ll give it that, but it just wasn’t well prepared. It was overcooked, for a start, and it just lacked overall quality. I may give it a small pass because the famous pizza maker who opened Di Fara back in the 60swasn’t there making the pizzas. I would consider trying it again if I could be sure he was the person making the pies, but otherwise I’d give this place a hard pass, especially if there’s a wait.

That's how Di Fara's pizza is supposed to be cooked. Dominic uses a very high temperature pizza oven for the crust. Your "overcooked" is his specialty. I live within walking distance and the lines around the shop are insane when he is open. L&B is also terrific but a totally different style of preparation.

That's how Di Fara's pizza is supposed to be cooked. Dominic uses a very high temperature pizza oven for the crust. Your "overcooked" is his specialty. I live within walking distance and the lines around the shop are insane when he is open. L&B is also terrific but a totally different style of preparation.

Im one of the few that doesnt love the L&B pizza! I need cheese!:evilsmile::evilsmile:

That makes sense. I know plenty of people love it, but it just wasn't for me. That's the great thing about NYC though--there's enough fantastic pizza for everyone to find the one that suits them.

I was on this cruise and love the review! I have the dailies. Not sure what you are exactly looking for...

I was trying to figure out days/times for the comedy shows, Howl at the Moon, and Escape the Big Top. I see some of those items in the images you posted, but it's not clear to me which day is which.