TV channels available on Seaside

markf

Nothing is "free" on cruise ships - maybe MSC should up their prices in line with others and then offer movies and such for "free".

Good point - but why did Divinia have such a huge line up and Seaside apparently not? Did they cut back the Divinia line up by chance?

Good point - but why did Divinia have such a huge line up and Seaside apparently not? Did they cut back the Divinia line up by chance?

TBH ... I have no idea. Nor am I familiar with what has been offered on either ship as I've never sailed on Seaside and never sailed on Divina when she was US-based.

In fact, I'd usually have no idea what's on the TV on any ship as we rarely switch it on (though we did enjoy a couple of 'free' movies on our Sinfonia repo from Venice to Durban as we had a lot of sea days).

TBH ... I have no idea. Nor am I familiar with what has been offered on either ship as I've never sailed on Seaside and never sailed on Divina when she was US-based.

In fact, I'd usually have no idea what's on the TV on any ship as we rarely switch it on (though we did enjoy a couple of 'free' movies on our Sinfonia repo from Venice to Durban as we had a lot of sea days).

We don't watch a ton while on a ship, but it is nice to have a variety while getting ready for dinner (i.e. waiting for DW to get ready) or just before bed.

• Like 1

We don't watch a ton while on a ship, but it is nice to have a variety while getting ready for dinner (i.e. waiting for DW to get ready) or just before bed.

I agree - I think there are only news channels in English on Med-based cruises, which is why we don't bother. I would certainly love to see some movies included. It would just never occur to me to pay for one, only because I'd feel confined to the cabin to watch it right through, whereas, if it was just "on" I could take it or leave it.

Nothing is "free" on cruise ships - maybe MSC should up their prices in line with others and then offer movies and such for "free".

Yes-you are so correct. I should have used the phrase included in cruise fare!:o

that being said:

How much more could it be to add a few more channels for news, sports, movies and TNT like channels to the existing satellite service already on the ship??

one example:

Anyone living in the US knows the difference between one news channel compared to the other.:eek:

Yes-you are so correct. I should have used the phrase included in cruise fare!:o

that being said:

How much more could it be to add a few more channels for news, sports, movies and TNT like channels to the existing satellite service already on the ship??

one example:

Anyone living in the US knows the difference between one news channel compared to the other.:eek:

Sorry ... it's a bit of a bugbear with me when what other cruiselines offer is compared with what MSC doesn't. When I see what other lines cost, my response is "Well, I'd expect there to more offered for that price!"

Anyway ... even those of us who don't live in the US are very much aware of the difference between your news channels :eek: Quite a lot of the type of reporting would never be allowed here, which makes it quite fun for us to watch. :D :D

Sorry ... it's a bit of a bugbear with me when what other cruiselines offer is compared with what MSC doesn't. When I see what other lines cost, my response is "Well, I'd expect there to more offered for that price!"

Anyway ... even those of us who don't live in the US are very much aware of the difference between your news channels :eek: Quite a lot of the type of reporting would never be allowed here, which makes it quite fun for us to watch. :D :D

Agreed on both:)

The second-don't know weather to laugh or cry!! ;p

• 7 months later...
12 hours ago, CUontheC said:

Going on the Seaside and my husband and I enjoy watching movies at bedtime.  Are there pay movies on the Seaside?  Are there any free movie channels?   

There are pay movies around $9.  I don't think I jotted down what channels were on Seaside but it lacked compared to our previous Divinia trip.  

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 10:06 AM, JAGR said:

Oxymoron?

Nice one JAGR lol. 😄 I have a question about ESPN, is it the real one or the Caribbean one that has cricket and that Jai Alai stuff on it? I like to keep up with my Reds scores as horrible as they may be while onboard

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 9:35 AM, dexddd said:

There are pay movies around $9.  I don't think I jotted down what channels were on Seaside but it lacked compared to our previous Divinia trip.  

So they do charge for movies.  Darn I was hoping there would be some on for free.   Thank you for the information!

5 hours ago, CUontheC said:

So they do charge for movies.  Darn I was hoping there would be some on for free.   Thank you for the information!

yes-they had one channel that had a free movie loop. They were OK. we are huge TV watchers at night and we need it to run all night and we always had enough to keep us entertained.