Our Viking Orion experience

T&jw

Thanks for your post, Francesca. We dread having this drag out another 8 months. Trip Mate won’t do anything until Lufthansa has done all they will do (I imagine to pay as little as they can), but in calls to Lufthansa you don’t get a real person to talk to, and all we get from emails is the same auto-response with a new number assigned. Lufthansa somehow crossed over our paperwork to the couple we were traveling with so everything is a mess, and after repeated requests for them to straighten things out, nothing’s changed.

Viking told us to give them a call after all our dealings with Lufthansa and Trip Mate was finished...if we weren’t happy. I guess that means if we aren’t reimbursed for expenses. So no, Viking has not stepped up, we’ve been offered nothing. It surprises us too, having talked to others who were compensated as you were or in similar ways, as well as a couple people in the industry.

Thanks for the supervisor suggestion, we’ll try that with Trip Mate after dealing with Lufthansa. It’s so frustrating. You’re right, a nightmare.

Thanks again for the post.

You can always take your frustrations with the lack of support by Lufthansa/Tripmate to their social media sites (Facebook, twitter etc. ). Took me almost 7 months to get reimbursed for medical claim from Tripmate after our last cruise in 2017.

I had provided everything Tripmate requested through email - and then followed up a regular basis by phone and just kept getting the same type of run around, canned email responses etc...

I then mailed all requested documents, along w copy their various email responses via registered mail w return receipt and contacted them through facebook on their public page - Within a couple days, I was contacted and claim was paid soon after. The squeaky wheel and all....:)

Good points. We are doing a 4 night pre cruise excursion to Angkor Wat in April. We plan on living out of our carryons for this leg of the trip and have our real luggage sent directly to the ship using Luggage Forward.

We are considering doing that for our cruise and extension as well (if we cannot make carryon only work.

I always include at least one change of clothes and two undergarments in my handbag as well, just in case the flight attendants make me gate check.

• 2 weeks later...

Be prepared for VERY hot weather in Ankor Wat...you may need 2 sets of clothes each day!!!  However the good news is that the hotel we stayed in (and I think most ) had very fast, great reasonably priced laundry!