Are There Kids on HAL at Spring Break?

ashleyriley

HAL is widely known for attracting an older demographic, correct? That is why I asked.

AR...maybe i did not understand your question...do you have children or are you trying to cruise during spring break and avoid having a 1000 kids on board. On HAL it would be minimal IMO Good Luck

Do you say 'very few' by personal observation and exper ience or by rumor? I ASK because I have sailedHAL ships those spring weeks many times and always observe there are a 'fair number of children. This is based on my personal experience. :)

AR...maybe i did not understand your question...do you have children or are you trying to cruise during spring break and avoid having a 1000 kids on board. On HAL it would be minimal IMO Good Luck
I am trying to cruise on a line that would avoid having 1000 kids on board. My husband and I are in our early 30's and travel extensively for work. We like to cruise to reconnect with each other in a calm environment. We do not have children yet, but plan to soon. We are not kid haters, people, we just like to ensure peace and quiet as vacation time and resources are precious to us. We have always cruised outside of spring break time to avoid the crowds but this upcoming year we would like to try and cruise in March because it falls on a significant anniversary. Thank you to all you have responded!

I am not worried about "kids".... I am more concerned by "Young Adults" IE collage aged.....

The “Young Adults” are more interested in the pricing, atmosphere, and passenger mix found on lines other than HAL: Carnival and NCL particularly. The few “kids” found on HAL ships will be the younger ones traveling with parents.

On all of our HAL cruises the young folk on board have been very well behaved - and seldom seen. Most of them are experienced cruisers and some, depending on where in the school year they are, may have reports to do about the cruise. We have done March and April cruises with no problems of hordes of young people.

I am trying to cruise on a line that would avoid having 1000 kids on board. quote]

You will be fine on a 7 day HA cruise in March. Every mainstream cruise line out of Florida is going to have some children, but HA will have far fewer than any of the others (we have been on Carnival, RC, Princess, and HA).

There is a good chance you won't even see the ones that are there unless you are looking for them.

The pools on HA ships are not very kid friendly, ours don't even go to them...we just hit the beaches at ports for swim time.

The first cruise my daughter and I went on was on HAL. She was 11 at that time. And it was during spring break. Most of the kids are in the kids club during the day,

I am glad I asked, thanks. I guess I was under the impression that kids were rarely on board HAL ships.