tellusvikingcruises.

jono mono

6 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

Andy, is there a lead time for which the port times show in MVJ? I looked at mine for our June 2023 trip, and there's nada in either the daily or summary calendars. Perhaps just too early? ... gracias, Rob. 🍺🥌

We had them posted for the World Cruise when we booked, and it was 25 months before departure. However, now I recall reading a post about 1 to 2 weeks ago that noted port times have disappeared from MVJ.

I have cancelled all 3 of our upcoming cruises, so have no booking to check.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

What?  Are you not going on the next WC?

Negative on the WC. Due to a health issue, we cancelled the T/Atlantic in June and then the WC and UK/Scandinavia at the beginning of last month.

The repeat WC'ers are dropping like flies for the 22/23 WC.

14 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Negative on the WC. Due to a health issue, we cancelled the T/Atlantic in June and then the WC and UK/Scandinavia at the beginning of last month.

Sorry to hear that - recover in time for the (hopefully) round both capes in 24/25! 🍺🥌

• Like 1

We did the 2019 WC which went around  both Capes.  It was wonderful, and my husband, a lifelong sailor, not professional, was in heaven.  We had a smooth sailing around Cape Horn, and spent a day in the Falklands.  It was just a wonderful experience!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

Sorry to hear that - recover in time for the (hopefully) round both capes in 24/25! 🍺🥌

If we can resume travelling next year, we are considering the 70-day Longitudinal WC from Milwaukee to Ushuaia that also visits the Falklands & S/Georgia before heading to Antarctica.

By moving to Canada, I missed the trip to the Falklands in 1982, as had I not left P&O, I had a good chance of being on 1 or the 2 ships seconded by the RN. Have chatted with a number of Officers on both ships, so it's a place I have always wanted to visit.

If we do book, hopefully the weather co-operates.😁

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

We did the 2019 WC which went around  both Capes.  It was wonderful, and my husband, a lifelong sailor, not professional, was in heaven.  We had a smooth sailing around Cape Horn, and spent a day in the Falklands.  It was just a wonderful experience!

Our first experience with Viking was in late 2019 and I had not realized that Viking's WC in 2019 was the dual-cape trip - I just keep dropping hints, hoping they'll do it again!

You were extremely fortunate, both for the full cruise and your Southern Ocean experience. On our one try at Cape Horn in 2013 we were forced inshore and missed Ushuaia and Punta Arenas, as well as the Horn. A small matter of 70 knot winds and 45' seas. Even inshore it was over 50 knots, hence no docking at the two ports.

Worst weather in the world, so no real surprise, but I keep hoping ... 🍺🥌

We were to have had two days in the Falklands.  We had one.  The night after that first day, the winds were so bad the tenders could not go.  The captain actually sent runners into all the pubs in port Stanley and rounded us all up, and we left about 9 pm.  That gave us an extra day in Ushuaia.  That was great.  Going around the horn, the Captain woke us all up to tell us it was happening.  But it was completely fogged in.  And completely calm!  No other bad weather in those parts.  Three really bad days on that WC:  , after BoraBora, in the Bight of Australia, and in the Indian Ocean.  But three out of 148 days, I’d do it again in a minute!!!

28 minutes ago, formernuke said:

Interesting route. Leaves out the entire Asian continent. I wouldn't have thought that was  even  practical in a 'world cruise'.  🙂

Yeah, in a perfect world, it would head north from Perth and then down the east coast of Africa but I suspect time and pirates keep that from happening. 

Nikko Cruises who bought the old CMV ship Vasco de Gamma has a pretty great itinerary. It’s 183 days and entry level cabin starts at around $50,000.  I haven’t looked to see what is include and what isn’t, but if we are ever able to swing a WC, I suspect (know?) it will be on Viking. 

0B14FE69-8F17-43CE-B36D-E6DCBB46A75E.png

22 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Sorry to hear that.  Perhaps it is why I haven't had responses from some people about the tour.