Worrying YouTube video - Ventura

MicroPilot

The paper towels on the deck is just petty and hardly P & O's fault as a passenger probably dropped them there or simply missed the bin, not anything to do with the material state of the ship. I'm sure both that and the full bin would have been soon dealt with by the cleaning staff.

Some nice shots of the ship at the beginning though.....

One of the concerns I would have, is, if every passenger sought out and found faults, then put a claim in for extra OBC or discount on their next cruise. Who will it be that makes up for the money P&O shell out?

Simple answer is: Everyone that books a cruise!

We would all have to pay towards the £700 discount that the man was offered, so we become the losers.

This has recently been posted to a YouTube. Should I been concerned? We’ll be on her next May.

So reading through the posts. No I wouldn't worry. If you go looking you may find something. If that is how you wish to spend your holiday . However most normal people do not investigate to that degree and just enjoy themselves. I would hope to never meet that passenger around a ship..his conversation would be incredibly boring, like him.

I go along with if the sheets are clean that will do me.i look no further.

This has recently been posted to a YouTube. Should I been concerned? We’ll be on her next May.

It has got me thinking, if all the stains have gone through a mattress protector, how is it going to protect us from whatever is on that mattress. I will be check mine from now on, this is totally unacceptable.

We had a mini suite on Arcadia's maiden cruise in 2005, to celebrate our ruby wedding. There were a few teething problems, and talking to our steward, he told us some passengers strip the beds looking for stains, holes in sheets and any other cabin problems, then its off down to customer services to complain!

I think the mattress is disgusting, I will be checking when we go on azura and if stained, will be wanting it changed straight away
I agree the mattress is shocking although on some of these booze cruises someone might have mistook the bed for the toilet when in a drunken state.

Why don't they use plastic mattress covers like they do in hospitals then sheets would be easy to wash and the mattress will not be stained.

I agree the mattress is shocking although on some of these booze cruises someone might have mistook the bed for the toilet when in a drunken state.

Why don't they use plastic mattress covers like they do in hospitals then sheets would be easy to wash and the mattress will not be stained.

I don't think that I want plastic covers, when I spent 5 days in hospital I couldn't sleep because the plastic was causing me to sweat and the sheets to slip continuously.

In this day and age someone must be able to create a mattress cover that is comfortable but stops stains.

Not wanting to stereotype but that looks like an inside room which on a 2 or 3 day taster cruise which can draw hen and stag parties to the cheaper rooms so i would think that paying for a higher grade room might get you a cleaner mattress. Does that make sense?

I was on the Ventura earlier this year (post re-fit). Quite a few things caught my eye which seemed to suggest that they neglected quite a few areas during the refresh.

We enjoyed our cruise and didn't feel the need to go round looking for faults.

Having brought 2 ships out of a Royal Navy refit - decks ripped up ship down to bare metal etc - ventura's refit was barely a tidy up - i was on her post refit and she looked great. They probably had planned cabin carpet changes - they were probably 15 years old and other design life changes... The Royal Navy refit made the ship out of action for a year... so in no way can they cover all aspects of the ship in a short time.I'm sure the hanger was left by a previous passenger and the cabin steward just hadn't spotted it yet as they are very busy first day and do the rest of the cleaning on the normal cruise.( i wont suggest he staged a broken passengers hanger at all...... to replace all the upper deck fitting's and flooring would take months and even fresh out of a full refit the upper deck soon starts to rust and show signs of age. then add all the vibration and stress and passengers bumping into things.... The cruise ships have a hard life and take a lot of constant care which they are given but perfect they will never be. However very stained mattresses are not ideal....

I had a great cruise on her - good service and good food, go with a happy frame of mind and don't look for problems...

The person who made this video also posted it on Facebook, in the comments he admitted he had OCD.

No ship is perfect and you will always find something, same as any hotel!

This is a video we made last November, may help put your mind at rest!

The person who made this video also posted it on Facebook, in the comments he admitted he had OCD.

No ship is perfect and you will always find something, same as any hotel!

This is a video we made last November, may help put your mind at rest!

Thanks so much for posting your video - we are heading off on Friday for a 3 night Belgian trip and I was glad to see lots of people looking exactly like us in your video (I was starting to wonder if it was going to be a 'booze' cruise and I'd regret making the booking!). I'm really looking forward to it now....