Young Couple's Allure of the Seas Review - 9/16-9/23 Sailing

kingkopes

Great review! We were also on the cruise and are also from Arizona (Tucson). We ran into a few other people from Arizona over the course of the week. We enjoyed everything but agree that the long travel time is kind of a drag.

We ran into a few locals as well!

It's not so much the travel time for us, but really just the higher cost. Our flights and hotel for the night before were about 2/3 of the cost of the cruise itself!

We can just go out of Galveston for so much cheaper!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. We haven’t been on Allure since 2011(!), so where do you get the grilled cheese and fries. They look amazing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am glad you enjoyed it! Allure is still a beauty!

The grilled cheese place is in the Ft. Lauderdale area. It's called NY Grilled Cheese!

Thanks for the review! Looking forward to doing to itinerary in November.

Question: can you make reservations for time in the Flowrider? How does it work-stand in line and wait or set up a time?

TIA!

Glad you enjoyed it!

For standard open hours, it is just stand in line and wait. There is an advanced hour every morning, but it is still just wait in line.

You CAN book the wave for an hour of your own. That comes with instructors to help you learn more if you would like. To reserve the wave I think it is around $340?

We were on the same cruise and I remember seeing you a few times (Flow Rider & Quest) which is hard to believe considering there were so many passengers. My input about the cruise, pizza was good, after the first night in the MDR we gave up and ate in the Windjammer rest of the cruise. I did see a few non service dogs when I was on the jogging track a along with several Chinese folk going the wrong way. But, over all our group had a great cruise, thanks for your review.

Haha how funny is that?!

I always tend to see the same people over and over again even on such a HUGE ship!

Agreed. This was our first cruise where we were truly disappointed in the MDR.

Some people just don't get it! hahah

Glad you enjoyed the cruise and the review!

We were on the same cruise and found the food in the dinning room to be great. The only bad was the brick hard beds, they need to remove the plywood from under them. Windjammer food was a repeat every day. We ate lunch after the firsts few days in the solarium.

We have always loved (and defended the MDR), but this is the first cruise where we just were not impressed unfortunately! I did like how many options there were across the ship for snacks though! A plus for Oasis class!

Glad you enjoyed it!

For standard open hours, it is just stand in line and wait. There is an advanced hour every morning, but it is still just wait in line.

You CAN book the wave for an hour of your own. That comes with instructors to help you learn more if you would like. To reserve the wave I think it is around $340?

Thank you!

Glad you had a great time. We have been on 105 cruises. Of the Oasis Class, Allure is my favorite. Just something about that ship that I love. We love all the Classes for different reasons, but I love Allure

Woah! Maybe someday we will be on your level! Allure sure is a wonderful ship!

My fiance and I plan to use the gym frequently on Allure as well. Do you know if they do protein shakes/smoothies at the Vitality cafe? If so, can you pick a desired amount of protein powder?

Yes, they do smoothies and protein shakes at Vitality, but have no idea if the amount of powder is selectable.

My fiance and I plan to use the gym frequently on Allure as well. Do you know if they do protein shakes/smoothies at the Vitality cafe? If so, can you pick a desired amount of protein powder?

They do! They use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. I’m assuming you can just ask for more scoops if you want!

Smoothies and juices are included in the refreshment and deluxe package as well!.... just not the protein though. That’s extra 😭

They do! They use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. I’m assuming you can just ask for more scoops if you want!

Smoothies and juices are included in the refreshment and deluxe package as well!.... just not the protein though. That’s extra 😭

Would you happen to have a photo of the menu of offerings at the Vitality Cafe? What sort of juices and smoothies, etc can you get with the refreshment package?

Thank you for the great review. Curious about this class. Read anything I can.

I am shocked at the second menu you posted has no vegetarian main options. And they took off the marinara pasta on everyday menu. These menus are totally different than we had in February on Freedom

Congratulations on your engagement.

I am shocked at the second menu you posted has no vegetarian main options. And they took off the marinara pasta on everyday menu. These menus are totally different than we had in February on Freedom

Yes, I don't care for what I'm seeing on the new menus. First of all, I don't like dessert being included there as well. Feels like they're rushing you a bit. But the lack of veggie options worries me. We're cruising as a group of 9 in November, and my 31 year old son is a vegetarian. Anyone know if they have a separate available vegetarian menu...you know, something you have to ask for special like a gluten free menu or kids menu. I sure hope so.

What a great review! We are sailing aboard the Allure on April 7-14, 2019 and can't wait! Your review answered many questions that we had and we thank you for that.

Thank you! So glad that it could answer your questions! Enjoy your trip!!

Would you happen to have a photo of the menu of offerings at the Vitality Cafe? What sort of juices and smoothies, etc can you get with the refreshment package?

I do not have a pic of that menu... But they have the different "juicing" options. Basically any fruit and vegetable that you want. And then they have the same for smoothies.

You can get anything (to my understanding) that is non alcoholic. Smoothies (no protein), milkshakes, juices, frozen drinks. etc.

Thank you for the great review! Where did you get the strawberry lemonade? Mixed at the bar or is it a Freestyle option I just haven’t seen?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It is mixed at any bar... their lemonade with the strawberry concentrate.

Thank you so much!!

The menus were very different and we unfortunately did not enjoy them! No biggie though! Plenty of other food on these huge ships haha