Concierge Class

FraserK

Sorry to ask some really stupid questions but new to this cruising thing.

If you went for Aqua Class, would you also get all the benefits of the Concierge Class too....i.e welcome on board lunch, wine in room, daily delectable delights!!!

Trying to decide what room to pick for my husband's retirement in 2020.

Thanks

Kat

If you went for Aqua Class, would you also get all the benefits of the Concierge Class too....i.e welcome on board lunch, wine in room, daily delectable delights!!!

Thanks

Kat

You don’t get the embarkation lunch, if the prices are about the same go with AQ because of Blu.

DH and I we’re in a Conceierge (C2) cabin on the Summit this Summer.

The daily delights were not very delectable. I recall one day, it was gherkin pickles, a few crackers and a dollop of humus.

We did not receive any wine in the room,but we didn’t ask for any.

If we chose to sail withCelebrity again, we would book Aqua Class for dining in Blu and the access to the spa area.

DH and I we’re in a Conceierge (C2) cabin on the Summit this Summer.

The daily delights were not very delectable. I recall one day, it was gherkin pickles, a few crackers and a dollop of humus.

We did not receive any wine in the room,but we didn’t ask for any.

If we chose to sail withCelebrity again, we would book Aqua Class for dining in Blu and the access to the spa area.

We had the opposite experience on Solstice -- really enjoyed the canapes. They stopped with the hummus and crackers. As for the wine, they also stopped putting the bottle of sparkling wine in the cabin at embarkation. Our stateroom attendant told us to let him know when we wanted it, and he would have it iced and delivered to the stateroom. I agree, I would choose Blu and Aqua Class if the price was comparable to CC.

Yes, in Aqua class you get everything from Concierge class (except for the embarkation luncheon). In addition you get the dining room Blu, unlimited use of Persian Gardens, slippers, an additional spa bag, lip balm, a fancier shower with adjustable wall jets, an aroma diffuser, a fog free bathroom mirror and afternoon delivery of flavored tea.

As far as the afternoon savories go you get the same ones. We ask that they be replaced with a fruit or cheese plate or sometimes shrimp. We usually trade the bottle of bubbly in for either a bottle of Prosecco or a bottle of red wine. The wine hasn't been in the room on embarkation day the last few years but our stateroom steward has told us to just ask when we want it and he'll bring it and chill it if appropriate (not the red wine of course).

If prices are close, I suggest opting for Aqua class and the use of Blu. It's a much smaller and quieter dining room and the service is much more attentive (I have no problem with the MDR) and there are no set dining times. You dine when you want with no reservations necessary or accepted. My DH enjoys the escargot and the shrimp cocktail in the MDR. Even though they aren't on the Blu menu he was able to enjoy them nightly. The breakfast in Blu is nicely served and we enjoy it, especially when travelling just the two of us. The lovely service in Blu allows us to sit, relax and enjoy the day without gathering our breakfast from the buffet and jockeying for a table.

If you opt for Aqua class you'll find a card from the Blu maître d assigning a time for the first night's dining. You may go at that time if you like it, or at another time that suits you better if you wish. It is only a suggestion to make the first evening run smoothly. Patrons of Blu are also often offered big discounts the first evening of a cruise so if you're interested in that make sure you ask and let them know you're in Blu for your dining.

We are cruising Celebrity for 1st time next year. Looked at options for both, and decided Aqua wasn't for us. Looking forward to a new adventure.

You know yourselves and your preferences. I'm curious to know the basis of your decision only because I think it's interesting to learn about other people's thought processes, but only if you care to share. Please know there's no implied criticism meant.

We were given a Concierge cabin for a T/A several years ago, we were not impressed, the cabin size is the same as a balcony the sparkling wine was traded for water and the canape's were nothing special and they told us we had to be in the cabin to receive them. The only nice touch was the flowers that showed up.We would not pay extra for this cabin class.

J.

We were given a Concierge cabin for a T/A several years ago, we were not impressed, the cabin size is the same as a balcony the sparkling wine was traded for water and the canape's were nothing special and they told us we had to be in the cabin to receive them. The only nice touch was the flowers that showed up.We would not pay extra for this cabin class.

J.

You don't have to be in the stateroom to receive the canapes -- just tell your cabin attendant you want them, and to leave them in the stateroom.

On the M-Class ships, Concierge and AQ staterooms are larger than the others. Regular balcony cabins are only 170sqft whereas CC & AQ are around 194sqft. Cabin size on all balcony staterooms are the same size on the S-Class ships.

We were Concierge class on the Silhouette in early September and in reading this thread, i have to pick up on the canape discussion. Agreed that you don't have to be in the room (we never were), and I have to say they were very strange and disappointing.

Several times there was crudo fish which is odd for something that may sit in the room for any amount of time. There was also a small piece of pate one day but nothing to spread it on. There was a knife and fork, but I would have expected the canape to be finger food, and it was odd to consider chomping down on pate with a fork...

every day we found the selection strange and unappetizing for one reason or another and eventually asked for the suspension of their delivery!

We were Concierge class on the Silhouette in early September and in reading this thread, i have to pick up on the canape discussion. Agreed that you don't have to be in the room (we never were), and I have to say they were very strange and disappointing.

Several times there was crudo fish which is odd for something that may sit in the room for any amount of time. There was also a small piece of pate one day but nothing to spread it on. There was a knife and fork, but I would have expected the canape to be finger food, and it was odd to consider chomping down on pate with a fork...

every day we found the selection strange and unappetizing for one reason or another and eventually asked for the suspension of their delivery!

When we're in concierge or aqua we ask for a cheese plate fruit plate or shrimp instead.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thanks

Kat

Not a stupid question, and we all like to give our opinions! In my experience on Solstice class ships Aqua class misses out on only 2 things: the embarkation lunch ( no big deal at all) AND quality room location. (In my mind a very big deal.) Although Aqua comes with access to Blu and comped access to Persian Garden, with a concierge room you can buy access to Persian Garden, book specialty restaurants if you prefer spiffier dinner AND gain access to your choice of preferred rooms, including my faves, Afts.

With either, you can't really go wrong, you just get to fret over a few "fine tuning" choices. Enjoy the next many months of planning and my your husband enjoy a long and happy retirement!!

You know yourselves and your preferences. I'm curious to know the basis of your decision only because I think it's interesting to learn about other people's thought processes, but only if you care to share. Please know there's no implied criticism meant.

No problem. We didn’t think the Persian garden would be fully utilized by us, also we like sitting with others at dinner. We chose concierge class.

We also opted for Concierge rather than Aqua. We did Aqua on an M class ship and I was really looking forward to Blu. Extremely disappointing. The service was horrendously slow, so slow that we decided to eat specialty one night (which we never do), and the food was so-so.

We try to get Concierge rooms on the hump on Solstice class ships for the larger balconies.

Thanks

Kat

Yes you do.