Circle Pacific 2020

Just as an aside - an on site TA has segments of the Circle Pacific on line now but they have it departing Sydney on the 1st July 2020 - 22 day sector Sydney to Tokyo. Very interesting ..........

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My reading of the email has the Sun Princess departing Sydney on the 1st July after it returns from the circle Pacific cruise. It is then scheduled to do a 22 day cruise to Tokyo and do a return 22 day from Tokyo to Sydney departing 10th August. On the 1st September it does a 35 day cruise to Hawaii and Tahiti.

My reading of the email has the Sun Princess departing Sydney on the 1st July after it returns from the circle Pacific cruise. It is then scheduled to do a 22 day cruise to Tokyo and do a return 22 day from Tokyo to Sydney departing 10th August. On the 1st September it does a 35 day cruise to Hawaii and Tahiti.

Well there you go, simple explanation.

Thank you By The Bay 🤝

Also the idea spending such a sum for 77 days on board one ship seems like a strange thing to do. It’s like measuring the success of a holiday by how long it takes, rather than how good it is.

Great holidays shouldn’t be measured by time but by the enjoyment derived and the feeling of being away from the cares of the everyday. 77 days on the same ship sounds like it would become too routine after a while.

If you wanted to spend that sort of money on a holiday, it would be better to have a couple of weeks in the lap of luxury on a six star ship.

77 days away from the cares of work etc sounds like heaven to me.

• Like 1

Also the idea spending such a sum for 77 days on board one ship seems like a strange thing to do. It’s like measuring the success of a holiday by how long it takes, rather than how good it is.

Great holidays shouldn’t be measured by time but by the enjoyment derived and the feeling of being away from the cares of the everyday. 77 days on the same ship sounds like it would become too routine after a while.

If you wanted to spend that sort of money on a holiday, it would be better to have a couple of weeks in the lap of luxury on a six star ship.

The amount of days spent cruising on one, or many ships, luxury or budget, is like a persons choice of anything; entirely personal.

But... also something that should first be tried before you “assume” the atmosphere or activity experienced by others would be routine if longer than a couple of weeks, don’t you think?

I do however think that this particular cruise is way overpriced for this particular ship, sorry Princess cruise lovers, I’m with NSWP on this point.

I looked at this too and thought wow, have not seen the pricing for all catagories, but agree it seems to expensive. We were on Sun Princess for 26 nights in May and June this year and it felt very crowded on days when the weather was too cool for outside decks. One lounge turned into a Sushi bar which had a max of about 8 crew eating there each night and empty all day, while it was standing room only for a coffee in the atrium bar on deck 7 and international café on deck 5. Wheelhouse bar always hosting art auctions or talks morning and afternoon. I think 77 days too long for this ship and the price.

The amount of days spent cruising on one, or many ships, luxury or budget, is like a persons choice of anything; entirely personal.

But... also something that should first be tried before you “assume” the atmosphere or activity experienced by others would be routine if longer than a couple of weeks, don’t you think?

I do however think that this particular cruise is way overpriced for this particular ship, sorry Princess cruise lovers, I’m with NSWP on this point.

Yep way overpriced at the moment, but then I’ve never paid brochure price on any cruise.

Ovepriced but they still fill that worn out ship, put a decent ship on the World Voyage and Pacific Circle Grand Voyages, even the Ruby Princess would do.

Sun and Sea have passed their use by date IMO.

Sure,:evilsmile: no daily auto gratuities, but the cruise price reflects the gratuities are hidden in the price, no way Carnival is going to top up the service crew wages with Carnival money, it is 'user pay'....You !!!

Circle Pacific was on Golden a couple of years back.

By the same token the Americans use Pacific Princess for their world cruise and have some great discounts as they can’t always fill it.

I guess we pay a price for filling ships every cruise.

Ovepriced but they still fill that worn out ship, put a decent ship on the World Voyage and Pacific Circle Grand Voyages, even the Ruby Princess would do.

Sure,:evilsmile: no daily auto gratuities, but the cruise price reflects the gratuities are hidden in the price, no way Carnival is going to top up the service crew wages with Carnival money, it is 'user pay'....You !!!

Agree totally, but the only way we can let Princess know we know this is to NOT pay these prices, not sail on these cruises, or stop using Sun & Sea (off to P&O Aus they go) and all hop aboard Ruby and Diamond when they are here.

Loved those mid size ships though [:-{ sigh 🛶

Edited by Porky55

Yep way overpriced at the moment, but then I’ve never paid brochure price on any cruise.

Too true, but by waiting you then pay the price of less cabin choice - or next to none, being smaller ships - rock and hard place !! Much harder for you Gut, needing an accessible now .....

Syd to Syd from $16,999

At 77 days that is 2.2 times the 35 night Hawaii/Tahiti cruise but the cheapest fare is 2.68 times the cheapest fare on the August 2019 Hawaii/Tahiti cruise.

Definitely overpriced, and too expensive for us.

At 77 days that is 2.2 times the 35 night Hawaii/Tahiti cruise but the cheapest fare is 2.68 times the cheapest fare on the August 2019 Hawaii/Tahiti cruise.

Definitely overpriced, and too expensive for us.

Agree, but I paid about 15% less for our Hawaii cruise than the list price, so if same applies here it would be about 2.4 times the price which narrows the gap somewhat.

But a balcony still comes to about $300 pp pn if that happens, in my opinion way too much.

I agree that the choice is personal. Personally, I do not like idea of being on the same cruise ship for 77 days.

I don’t need to try it to know this. I also don’t assume others would feel the same way.

Agree, but I paid about 15% less for our Hawaii cruise than the list price, so if same applies here it would be about 2.4 times the price which narrows the gap somewhat.

But a balcony still comes to about $300 pp pn if that happens, in my opinion way too much.

That was based on the current list price, which is a couple of hundred dollars below the launch fare. Still plenty of time for more price drops. ;p

Agree totally, but the only way we can let Princess know we know this is to NOT pay these prices, not sail on these cruises, or stop using Sun & Sea (off to P&O Aus they go) and all hop aboard Ruby and Diamond when they are here.

Loved those mid size ships though [:-{ sigh 🛶

The age of the ship isn't necessarily a negative. Crystal Symphony was launched a few months before Sun Princess in 1995. Crystal Symphony is a very, very nice ship indeed. I just had the pleasure of spending 20 nights on her. But she's way too expensive most of the time.

I really like Sun Princess, great promenade deck and the Sun class ships have the best Crooners of all the classes. However I would prefer a ship with more choice of good speciality restaurants, or alternative free restaurants, for a long cruise like the Circle Pacific.

• Like 1

Well, there we go, we want newer, less expensive, more dining choices - mid size ships with great promenade decks cruising on the longer itineraries. We’ll just let Princess know ......

Simples [emoji4]

Edited by Porky55
  • Haha 1

Well, there we go, we want newer, less expensive, more dining choices - mid size ships with great promenade decks cruising on the longer itineraries. We’ll just let Princess know ......

Simples [emoji4]

Move a couple of the Vista Class ships over from HAL to Princess, ideal size for Australia based cruises, 83000 tonnes, 1900 pax and a walk around promenade deck. In 2012 we cruised from Sydney to Southampton - 49 days on P&O UK's Arcadia a Vista Class ship, very nice, just the right size.

Move a couple of the Vista Class ships over from HAL to Princess, ideal size for Australia based cruises, 83000 tonnes, 1900 pax and a walk around promenade deck. In 2012 we cruised from Sydney to Southampton - 49 days on P&O UK's Arcadia a Vista Class ship, very nice, just the right size.

Perfect, HAL are building new ships, we’ll have all their Vista Class - give P&O the old Sun Class ships - fixed! [emoji106]

Perfect, HAL are building new ships, we’ll have all their Vista Class - give P&O the old Sun Class ships - fixed! [emoji106]

Yep I reckon us Aussies on CC should be running Carnival Corporation, we can move all their ships around to where they should be, perhaps QM2 to P&O Straya, lol. :') Get rid of the tuxedos.;pNo need for drinking glasses, swig out of the bottle or can.