Cartagena - Hop on Hop off bus

seaandsea

We are going to be in Cartagena and want to do the Hop on Hop off bus. The ships excursion is $45.00, only $23.00 to purchase tickets direct. They say you have to board at stop 2. Just wondering if anyone has done it and knows how far stop 2 is? We don't mind a walk or short taxi, but want it to be cost effective. If we buy through the ship they pick us up right there.

Thanks,

I asked the same question of the City Sightseeing Hop On/Off bus in Cartegena. Here's there reply:

Our recommendation is to take a taxi to
Muelle de la Bodeguita
which is our main station, all taxi drivers in Cartagena know this place, here you will find our buses and staff can assist you with any inquiry.

I asked the same question of the City Sightseeing Hop On/Off bus in Cartegena. Here's there reply:

Our recommendation is to take a taxi to
Muelle de la Bodeguita
which is our main station, all taxi drivers in Cartagena know this place, here you will find our buses and staff can assist you with any inquiry.

Thanks

My understanding is that if you book though the ship, the bus stops right near the pier. We plan on booking this on our cruise in Feb.

It saves $23 per person to book direct. I found out it is about 2 miles to walk to bus. For $46 savings you could take a cab and still save lots of money. That's what we are doing.

We were a group of 10 on our Panama cruise on Royal Caribbean and we just walked to where the vans were parked and bargained with one of the people there to do a tour for us. He quoted $20 per person and we negotiated down to $12 per person. We had a very nice van, tour guide and driver for 3 or 4 hours, worked out great.

We were a group of 10 on our Panama cruise on Royal Caribbean and we just walked to where the vans were parked and bargained with one of the people there to do a tour for us. He quoted $20 per person and we negotiated down to $12 per person. We had a very nice van, tour guide and driver for 3 or 4 hours, worked out great.

This sounds great! If we can’t negotiate a good deal, can we still take a taxi to the first stop of the Hop on Hop off bus and buy tickets there?