NCL Breakaway Question

Nator72

I was watching a cruise vlog from the Breakaway when it was brand new. I noticed that there weren’t a lot of places to sit and relax on the Waterfront (like the Escape and Bliss). Does anyone know if that has been corrected since then? I really enjoy spending time on the Waterfront, but sadly it didn’t

look very welcoming in the video.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can't answer your question as I have not yet been on the Breakaway (have a T'giving cruise booked, though!). On the Escape, however, I don't think I set foot on the Waterfront. There was so much to do, I totally missed it. Hopefully, our Breakaway trip will be slower-paced and a bit more relaxing.

I was watching a cruise vlog from the Breakaway when it was brand new. I noticed that there weren’t a lot of places to sit and relax on the Waterfront (like the Escape and Bliss). Does anyone know if that has been corrected since then? I really enjoy spending time on the Waterfront, but sadly it didn’t

look very welcoming in the video.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Their are some chairs scattered between the restaurants, not many. You can also use the restaurant sitting when they are not open

I can't answer your question as I have not yet been on the Breakaway (have a T'giving cruise booked, though!). On the Escape, however, I don't think I set foot on the Waterfront. There was so much to do, I totally missed it. Hopefully, our Breakaway trip will be slower-paced and a bit more relaxing.

I like to spend time at the Waterfront and been on Breakaway 3 times. Never had a problem finding a nice, comfy seat there during the day.

A question: is the Waterfront and the promenade deck one level below both open to passengers? Especially the very aft?

I am considering a Panama Canal cruise on a Breakaway Plus class and trying to figure out its public decks for viewing. I sure hope they open up the bow when going through the locks.

Deck 8 has the Waterfront and is what I think of as the "promenade." The outdoor walk wraps around the back of the ship. It does not go around the front of the ship, ending on each side near the forward elevator core. There is a lot of comfortable seating on the port side and it is rarely full. Also there is outdoor seating for Cagneys and the outdoor side of Shaker's (rarely open). The other side has the outdoor bar at Maltings (open often) and outdoor seating for Ocean Blue and Moderno, and a little other seating.

Deck 7 has a narrower outdoor walkway on each side of the ship but does not wrap around. Views are mostly obstructed by the lifeboats. No seating.

If the sun is on the seating area it is too hot. There is also a sheltered area with deck chairs and mats forward on deck 17.

It basically depends on the Itin and the temp .. A few areas will be open (bars) in colder climes - the restaurants tend to not use the outside areas other than lunch times.. On the last Baltic Cagneys (terrible layout by the way) was never open - in fact no restaurant was open despite it being the hottest Baltic I have ever seen (though tbf it does cool quickly in the eve) all the bars were open and it was easy to get great seats on a pretty empty deck

Not sure regarding Bow Policy - I know Hal open it for the entry to the Panama but no idea with NCL