Cuba questions for those that have been

brenderlou

The exchange rate with USD is 1 for 1, but a 13% fee is applied. So you will receive 87 CUCs for 100 USD.

I haven’t yet been to Cuba but am going in November, so have been researching this myself. We’re also booked with Blexie

Consider exchanging US dollars for Canadian or Euros, if easily convenient, at AAA , bank , airport, and

if exchange rate considerably less than the 10%. You will not pay the 10% only 3% in Cuba .

I suggest to do the math before doing g this, especially going from CDN$ back to US$ can be a pain.

But it comes out pretty close when you factor in the fees and exchange rates. It’s not as clear as it seems for many banks. Some may be great, others not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Consider exchanging US dollars for Canadian or Euros, if easily convenient, at AAA , bank , airport, and

if exchange rate considerably less than the 10%. You will not pay the 10% only 3% in Cuba .

That's exactly what we did. And our tour was also with Blexie and we ran out of CUCs and wanted to stop to exchange some USD but they said we could pay and tip in USD and it was perfectly fine. We wouldn't have done that had they not taken us to an extremely expensive place for lunch. Oh well!

That's exactly what we did. And our tour was also with Blexie and we ran out of CUCs and wanted to stop to exchange some USD but they said we could pay and tip in USD and it was perfectly fine. We wouldn't have done that had they not taken us to an extremely expensive place for lunch. Oh well!

How much did you exchange for lunch and souvenirs

How much did you exchange for lunch and souvenirs

Honestly I don't remember, maybe $500? The other issue was we got to Cuba a day early and did an overnight there which wasn't in our plans. So we spent some money the first day as well. We planned to just have/need CUCs for the tour, tips, lunch, cigars, and rum. But it was ok, they were perfectly happy to take USD. In fact USD was accepted at more places than we expected. It was a great trip.

We are planning on doing a Blexie tour. How far ahead would you book it? Do you pay it ahead and can you use a credit card? Do you have to exchange US to CUC? Thank you.

We are going in November and already have your scheduled. You pay when you do the tour in Cuban money.

We are going in November and already have your scheduled. You pay when you do the tour in Cuban money.

We’re also going in Nov. We leave Miami Nov. 12. Also booked with Blexie. Our guide will be Raul. Did he indicate who your guide will be?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Definitely try to get Euro's ahead of time, you will get the better rate as this user stated. Usually your bank offers good rates on ordering foreign currency, check with them first IMO.