NCL Sun - Can you make reservations for lunch?

zitsky

So I'm very proud of myself as a first time NCL cruiser. I made all my dinner reservations at specialty restaurants and dining room (Seven Seas). But I forgot about lunch on sea days. I'm not even sure if you can make reservations for lunch? (It doesn't look like it.) Are there any restaurants on the Sun that are NOT open for lunch?

So I'm very proud of myself as a first time NCL cruiser. I made all my dinner reservations at specialty restaurants and dining room (Seven Seas). But I forgot about lunch on sea days. I'm not even sure if you can make reservations for lunch? (It doesn't look like it.) Are there any restaurants on the Sun that are NOT open for lunch?

Congratulations on your 1st NCL cruise!

I haven't been on the Sun in a while (see below) but my collection is none of the specialty restaurants were open for lunch (except in the cob-webbed reaches of my memory I am sure I had lunch at Teppanyaki once and I think it was on the Sun). I think that one of the main dining rooms is probably closed for lunch (don't remember whether it was Four Seasons or Seven Seas), with just the buffet, one main dining room, and the sports bar (which I barely remember) open for lunch.

Maybe a more recent cruiser on the Sun can give more definitive answers.

Good job getting your dinner reservations secured!

No reservations are needed for lunch meals. Your FREESTYLE DAILY, delivered each evening, will list the available places to dine. Quite likely, you will need to select from: the Garden Cafe (Buffet - Deck 11 Aft), Great Outdoors (Burgers and such -Deck 11), Moderno (Pizza/Pasta Stations Deck 11), or Seven Seas (MDR - Deck 5 Aft).

Specialty restaurants with the potential exception of Teppanyaki are not open for lunch on sea days.

One main dining room is also closed.

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2018 at 6:52 PM, BirdTravels said:

Specialty restaurants with the potential exception of Teppanyaki are not open for lunch on sea days.

One main dining room is also closed.

Funny.  I would have expected specialty restaurants to be open on sea days.  You have more time for lunch.  Oh well.  Good to know.

The SUN small ship - small limited accommodations in all specialty restaurants.

Haven't cruised on her since the recent renovations - Teppanyaki made larger -

Los Lobos replacing Tapas. Moderno is an extention of the Buffet during the day.

When the Buffet gets crowded the Sports Bar is used as an overflow. The Great

Outdoors is open limitedly. With the exception of the La Cucina restaurant and the

4 Seasons MDR on deck 5 all the dining options are in the aft of the SUN - Cagney's -

Le Bistro - Los Lobos - the Ginza and Sushi Bar all these on deck 12 - the Buffet -

Moderno - Great Outdoors and the Sports Bar are on deck 11 with the other MDR
7 Seas on deck 5. So book a stateroom in the Forward Bow of the SUN and burn

off all the calories with ease walking to and from the restaurant.

With limited dining space book your dining reservations as far in advance as possible

and if not successful then be first in line at the Dining Reservations counter upon

boarding - even then don't give up be flexible on dates and time - talk with the Host/ess

about what is available - folks do cancel and change plans.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, 63galaxie said:

No more tapas bar? Is that true on all NCL ships?

On the SUN Tapas was replaced with Los Lobos.

As for the other ships the trend is for Los Lobos - "BUT"

on the JOY the original retrofitted plan was for Los Lobos

but bumped for Le Bistro.

Replacing a Mexican theme or Central South American

restaurant with Los Lobos seems to be in future plans -

but no specifics - Readers comments - - -  

I was on the Sun last week.  Made reservations in specialty restaurants on board.  Teppanyaki and Los Lobos and both restaurants were half full while we were there.  Teppanyaki 7pm and los Lobos 730pm  We ate in the main dining room the last night and walked right in at 7pm it was half empty.  You do not need reservations for lunch.  The sun being a smaller ship never seems crowded except for the buffet during breakfast of last morning with everyone carrying around their luggage. I love the Sun for it's size less than 2000 passengers.  This was my second cruise on the Sun.  Relax and don't worry so much  about reservations that's the beauty of Norwegian...anytime dining.  

• Like 1