Royal Caribbean online check in

ashdquick

Hi everyone! I have a question (I apologize because it is a silly question) about online check in. I know you can check in 90 before your sail date but what time is the check in process open on that 90 days prior? Is it open to check in at midnight? Is it open at 9 am? I am traveling with a few other and we would like to try to get close to the same check in times at the port. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

From my experiences, security (TSA) doesn’t open up their screening lines until 10am. There is generally a line of around 50-100 people in the TSA line when they open at 10am.

Good Luck! I know I’m always anxious to get through and start my vacation.

Hi everyone! I have a question (I apologize because it is a silly question) about online check in. I know you can check in 90 before your sail date but what time is the check in process open on that 90 days prior? Is it open to check in at midnight? Is it open at 9 am? I am traveling with a few other and we would like to try to get close to the same check in times at the port. Thank you in advance!

Royal is not like DIsney, they don't open the check-in process at some specific minute.

Royal also does not enforce suggested arrival times, so you can get to the port whenever you like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From my experience, the online check in opens at midnight 90 days before at Miami time.

Edit; the arrival times you get when you check in, is a suggestion only. Just show up when you want at the port, as long as you are onboard 90 minutes before the ship leaves.

I use the luggage tag holders which protect the tags and can be used over & over. If you don't print your tags then you can get tags put on by the baggage handler at the pier when checking your luggage in, using the bar code off your Set Sail Pass, however I like to put mine once I have reached the hotel, never for the airport when traveling the day before.

• Like 1

My luggage tags got ripped off while under the plane and the longshoreman had way better quality luggage tags on hand at the port so I don’t even bother printing luggage tags anymore. That’s not the wrong answer, is it?

Two thoughts. I never put my cruise luggage tags on until I'm ready to leave for port. And secondly I sprung for some plastic luggage tag holders from Amazon and have used them multiple times. Saves time at the port having to wait for you luggage to be tagged by the porters.

• Like 1

... And secondly I sprung for some plastic luggage tag holders from Amazon and have used them multiple times. Saves time at the port having to wait for you luggage to be tagged by the porters.

Plus, you can use those same luggage tag holders for the departure tags at the end of the cruise.

• Like 1

Capt Snoopy after years of putting outside, I am now going more with carry on luggage so I don't have to leave it out and can walk off the ship with it. I now pack to fit 2 weeks of clothing in a 22 " I will never go back to leaving my luggage outside then spend that extra time looking for it and trying to decide how to get it out of the middle of the mass of luggages. :D

Capt Snoopy after years of putting outside, I am now going more with carry on luggage so I don't have to leave it out and can walk off the ship with it. I now pack to fit 2 weeks of clothing in a 22 " I will never go back to leaving my luggage outside then spend that extra time looking for it and trying to decide how to get it out of the middle of the mass of luggages. :D

Wow! That’s great packing skills!! I’m still packing a 31” suitcase for 7 nights. I just received a plug-in wall steamer so maybe I could fit into a 22” suitcase and then steam my clothes Day 1 and just hang everything in the closet??

From my experiences, it seems so easy to just walk off the ship with one’s bag instead of waiting at a baggage carousel (tbh, not honestly sure the process or time it takes to get one’s bag the next morning).

Well after spending time refining my attire, I basically pack for 7/8 days and repeat, also do a lot of mix & matching. I wear mainly ladies evening slacks for dinner and mix & match my tops to go with up to 3 slacks. if it is warm weather cruising then of course shorts go and again several tops to go with each. I take 2 maybe 3 pair of evening shoes that can go with my evening outfits. I also pack in the Packing cubes so everything has its place

When my husband was alive and we put our suitcases outside to find the next morning, almost always we found them way to the back or middle of the multitude of luggage, so it was a maze to try and get the 2 larger suitcases out of the pile.

It sounds like you have the packing down to a science. I will have to look more into the packing cubes, it seems as if they would please my OCD a little bit.

Ahh I think I will learn from your experiences and try to avoid the maze of bags. I really appreciate your insight [emoji1316]

Not quite at the carry on 22" luggage yet but working on it. Packing cubes are useful and fantastic Currently use a 25"piece of luggage for cruising., Everything packed is mix and match, plus I take a very light weigh fold up travel bag (in case need a bit more space for anything purchased. . We take our luggage with us and get off the ship after breakfast . If we are at home base (Mia-Ft Laud) we are home in 25 minutes.

As said the on line check in opens at midnight. If you have a time for check in you can choose that when you complete your on line set sail pass. You print that out prior to boarding. It shows the port check in time you have chosen, also you muster station.

Your sea pass will not be available until you reach your cabin.

You will also need to upload a photograph, an easy process, however if it is an older photo you have used they may take another at the port to replace it.

My luggage tags got ripped off while under the plane and the longshoreman had way better quality luggage tags on hand at the port so I don’t even bother printing luggage tags anymore. That’s not the wrong answer, is it?

Who puts their luggage tags on before the flight from home ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I put mine on once I am in my hotel room the night before going to the cruise terminal. I had bought the new holders with the metal attachment 3 yrs ago and somehow in the cab one got ripped off when the driver pulled the luggage out so had to get a new tag from the porter. I don't use the metal attachment anymore but use zip lock ties to secure the holder.

• 2 months later...

Can you select the port arrival time and then go back in and do the rest of the check in?

I need to coordinate with my group to ensure we all get into the same arrival time since we will all arrive together.

Just now, RW20 said:

Can you select the port arrival time and then go back in and do the rest of the check in?

I need to coordinate with my group to ensure we all get into the same arrival time since we will all arrive together.

I don't believe you can, but I might be wrong. 

Anyway, they don't care when you arrive, as no one checks your arrival time. 

• Like 1