MDR vs Windjammer

Does the windjammer have the same dinners that the MDR has for each day? Hardly go to windjamer for dinner. Do they have lobster, shrimp, and other MDR menu items? Thanks!

While Windjammer might have one or two of the MDR entrees, they normally do not have all of them. I've seen a few reports of lobster in WIndjammer on Oasis, but that is not the norm.

Does the windjammer have the same dinners that the MDR has for each day? Hardly go to windjamer for dinner. Do they have lobster, shrimp, and other MDR menu items? Thanks!

I would check the menu daily and if there’s a must have item go to the mdr that night

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which app is it? On iPhone I’m only able to find their brochure app and Royal IQ which I have to wait until I’m onboard to see anything.

Only the newer Royal Caribbean app shows you ship info before you connect to the ship's WiFi.

Is info for all ships on the new app? We’re going on Anthem.

The Anthem uses the Royal IQ app which is not active until you get to the Anthem.

Here is something that you can do if you don't need to know in advance: Before dinner, pop up to the Windjammer, see what they have, and decide then if you want to eat there or in the MDR.

:)

We were on the Allure 2 weeks ago an thought the Windjammer had a better selection of items than the MDR, while there was no lobster on the 2nd formal night in the Windjammer there was crayfish, calamari, and shrimp.

It is just an example in the app at this point - it will change about 20 days before cruise to be accurate.....:rolleyes:

There is also a note in the app explaning this!(y)

Okay, thanks for explaining this. The note in the app stating they were examples disappeared when the more detailed menus appeared, so I had thought that was significant. Apparently not.

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, momneedsrest said:

I'm on Oasis 11/4 with the fam and have not picked a seating time in MDR. Is it necessary and if it is, when/where do I sign up. We have a rez for Chops on the last night for our big splurge. 

Nope, reservations are not necessary.  If you want to make reservations, visit the My Time desk at the entrance to the dining room.  The Cruise Compass will also list a phone extension for My Time dining reservations.

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2018 at 1:37 PM, Host Clarea said:

Do you happen to know how far in advance you can actually see things in the App, like sample menus? Is it like 90 days or something? Going on the new Symphony in 2019 so my app is currently empty and I can't look at anything. Thanks.