Live from Allure

rwright261

Some interesting bits to point out from the compass...

Haven’t seen this before, they are offering a VIP experience for the 70’s night tonight.

$49 unlimited drinks and best views on the ship...

25519ac4f817e54dc22611c03aba4b5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

We completed our snuba trip and came back on board ...

As for snuba we both found it quite difficult. My husband didn’t like the amount of pipes around him (we were 4 to a raft with all our tubes going to the raft) and he kept feeling like he was getting caught in them. I started breathing really fast (nerves I guess) at first so that didn’t help, but once I had calmed down I managed to get about 10-12ft down but I couldn’t pop my ears properly so had pain in my right ear.. we can say we have done it now, but will stick to snorkelling in the future.

Sorry to hear Snuba was not enjoyable for either of you. We are signed up in Nassau on 10/22 for our first time. We snorkeled a few times in the past. I’m really hoping we like it for the added expense.

Thanks for the trip report. I’m living thru your adventures until we set sail in 18 days!

Sorry to hear Snuba was not enjoyable for either of you. We are signed up in Nassau on 10/22 for our first time. We snorkeled a few times in the past. I’m really hoping we like it for the added expense.

Thanks for the trip report. I’m living thru your adventures until we set sail in 18 days!

Thanks, don’t get me wrong I’m glad we did it.. we do love snorkelling so it was a natural progression. We were joined up with another couple who were a bit of a pain, the girl had something wrong with her mask so it took a while to get going, perhaps if we had more time to get used to it, it would have been more enjoyable, especially for my husband.

I hope you enjoy it!

I just got off on Sunday. The Voom was one of the best experiences I have had at sea. No problems streaming, uploading, etc.

Thank you. I had it on the anthem and it was very good. Wife and I both got it this time.

I hope this isn't too strange of a request, but could you get a picture of a drink menu from the English Pub?

My wife and I are cruising on Allure in December and we're curious about the beer selection.

Please and thank you!

Hi,

Here’s the menu from the English pub...

eecc104d862429b814dbb57c711e65ff.jpg

1a9703f3fac5e7660e101d2b931ba340.jpg

115ffc6133e7e28101c8db78132f4f26.jpg

1d6a75510e44d6935a80f31cf791caf4.jpg

4e2b691622e19a587b0270dc074c4182.jpg

232a10aa6a883be375cb0591d966c9d4.jpg

Hope this helps!

If you get a chance, could you please post a pic of the Teen Program/Compass? Thanks so much!!

Hi,

I’ve picked up a teen program.. just out in Boleros at the moment listening to reggae music, but will post later for you.

Thanks

So we headed for dinner in the MDR and were given the same table again, good service again tonight.

I had the French onion soup, it was hot and took an age for me to eat, but it was really delicious. My husband had the pepper and corn soup, it wasn’t amazing he said.

Something that’s changed since our last cruise on Oasis in December, they used to bring a basket of bread rolls around to you, but now there’s a small basket on your table. Not sure how much waste this creates, but I quite like it especially if I want a couple of rolls with my soup.

For main I had the Jerk pork but swapped the sweet potato for a jacket, there was no problems with that. My husband had sole fish, he said it was nice, it was served with saffron rice. We both had the citrus tart for dessert with meringue on top, this was lovely and the portion was just the right size not to be too sweet.

We headed off on some errands to find a teen program and to take photos of the menu for the pub then stopped by Boleros. They had the reggae band playing live music. A few people were up dancing and people were singing along. It was a good atmosphere. Once that finished we snuck into the theatre to catch the headliner act, Britain’s Finest - a Beatles tribute band. The theatre was absolutely packed out and everyone seemed to be enjoying the show.

We have retreated to our cabin now, you can tell we are early birds rather than late one.. each to their own.

We have come back to a laundry offer, full a bag for $24.99 - we get $5 off being Emerald status... it’s for pyjamas, socks, shorts, swimwear, tshirts and underwear only and says other items put in the bag will be charged standard rate.

8bba7543ab5c6e9c78905378d5b7bd65.jpg

1b5ed5ac8c3f9ab78d2525863c87f0c8.jpg

I think we’ll take advantage of the offer, being away from home for 18 nights means we could only pack a certain number of shorts etc.. we’ll see.

I’ll post the compass tomorrow.

Until then, goodnight!

You are awesome for doing this... thank you so much.. I will be on the Allure 10/28 in cabin 3656. If you have a chance, I got a little bit nervous tonight when someone told me we'd have a lot of traffic of passengers going in and out of the dining room... Can you confirm if that is true? And if you happen to pass 3656 any additional information you can give me would be so appreciated.

Also, upon boarding, where would you recommend we go to eat before exploring the ship?

I am going to be following you the entire 2 weeks as I'm fairly new to Royal and looking forward to your review... Thanks so much for those pictures too ... WOW to some of those cabins...

Hi,

Here’s the teen program as requested -

c362ffb649a3821ac1feaf2e6ab56a6d.jpg

258a587664f52c441b90dc410a018745.jpg

2b72e8d873d65e20d86b11d41125428d.jpg

1fd4abd6da34754c1f2b14cf3a1e295b.jpg

This is AWESOME!! Thank you so much!! Can't wait to read about your next port adventure :-)

Edited by Grommet

Thank you for posting the teen program and the daily compasses. We are going on this same itinerary next March and this will help with our planning! Enjoy your cruise!

No problem whatsoever.. I hope it helps your planning!

You are awesome for doing this... thank you so much.. I will be on the Allure 10/28 in cabin 3656. If you have a chance, I got a little bit nervous tonight when someone told me we'd have a lot of traffic of passengers going in and out of the dining room... Can you confirm if that is true? And if you happen to pass 3656 any additional information you can give me would be so appreciated.

Also, upon boarding, where would you recommend we go to eat before exploring the ship?

I am going to be following you the entire 2 weeks as I'm fairly new to Royal and looking forward to your review... Thanks so much for those pictures too ... WOW to some of those cabins...

Hi,

Either this afternoon or on our next sea day I’ll see if I can scope out your cabin and maybe pass by when the dining room is open and report back.

If you look on a ship plan you will see room 266 (ours) on any deck is right by the entrance to the foyer where the lifts and stairs are.. we have been to bed early every night so far and haven’t heard a creep of people coming back to their rooms.. I wouldn’t worry too much but I will check it out for you.

Glad it’s helping to prepare for your cruise.

It depends on what time you board as to the bed time to eat really. We were on the ship for 11.30am so we’re one of the first on board, we ate straight away and there was hardly anyone in the solarium, but we hadn’t had any breakfast so were hungry at that time. If you’re first time cruisers you may not get on the ship until later, by which time the Solarium and most definitely the Windjammer will be full (probably). You may be best to have a bigger than normal breakfast and head to park cafe for a salad and sandwich... we did this when we boarded Oasis a little later last time in December and even though we were a group of 6 we found a table easy enough.

Thanks for following along!

This is AWESOME!! Thank you so much!! Can't wait to read about your next port adventure :-)

You’re welcome.

It’s 4.40am here and the ship is REALLY rocking!

Just checked the Facebook group and one lady posted at 3am she was feeling poorly and commented on the rocking. We haven’t experienced this before, even though we have sailed on the Freedom in September hurricane time.

We just have a half day in San Juan today with no excursions booked. We have started a little mission to pick up a licence plate from every port so that’s on our to do list for today.

Anyone know where we can get one from in Florida?

You’re welcome.

It’s 4.40am here and the ship is REALLY rocking!

Just checked the Facebook group and one lady posted at 3am she was feeling poorly and commented on the rocking. We haven’t experienced this before, even though we have sailed on the Freedom in September hurricane time.

We just have a half day in San Juan today with no excursions booked. We have started a little mission to pick up a licence plate from every port so that’s on our to do list for today.

Anyone know where we can get one from in Florida?

I have found that the eastern cruises tend to be rougher.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Forums mobile app

We have started a little mission to pick up a licence plate from every port so that’s on our to do list for today. Anyone know where we can get one from in Florida?

Just pick a car, any car ...... and be quick! ;)

hqdefault.jpg

Thanks for this... we are doing Western next week so hopefully it will be smoother!

Fresh off the Western last week and pleased to say that we really never felt the boat rocking, and when we did it was very mild - no uncomfortable moments.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Forums mobile app