Live from Allure

rwright261

Hi all,

We’re currently on Allure about to embark on a back to back cruise.

I didn’t realise but we have been given the Voom package (1 device) with the package we booked.

As long as it doesn’t annoy my hubby too much I’m happy to answer questions, find things out for you if anyone has any questions.

Here’s the compass from today as a starter....

Thanks for posting! Looks like we are sailing with you next week too?

Yes we’re looking forward to 14 nights on board, we did 7 last year on Oasis and had just about found where everything was... this time we’re hoping to be pros!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you download the Royal App? Wondering how the chat feature is working.

Yes we have the app. In fact when we had checked in and we waiting to board there was a gentleman coming around with flyers telling people about the app and encouraging them to download it. It’s talked about quite a lot on the ship too. The chat works fine, when you press the chat button it brings up people in your reservation.. if you wanted to chat to anyone else you would need to know their surname and reservation number.

Hope this helps!

... The chat works fine, when you press the chat button it brings up people in your reservation.. if you wanted to chat to anyone else you would need to know their surname and reservation number.

Hope this helps!

Is the chat a real-time text conversation, or is it possible to send a message to someone who doesn't have their phone on and the message pops up later?

Good morning from Allure... it’s 7am here (I say that as we are from the UK and sometimes it hard to figure out in cruise critic the actual time!)...

Here’s the view from our balcony this morning...

0edefa2a2b6a9f29b967746cabb97047.jpg

We have a busy day ahead, there’s a top tier event this morning.. we haven’t been to one of these yet but after this sailing we will only be 7 points away from Diamond so we figured we would like to know what goes on at these things. Yesterday we had fresh cookies and OJ delivered to our room which was a nice touch.

It was nice also to be sat in the Emerald section and be one of the first on the ship. We went straight to deck 15 solarium for lunch and were second up to the buffet when it opened at 11.30am.

We also have a cabin crawl this afternoon which has been set up by one of the members of a Facebook group I was part of for this sailing. It’s quite exciting as I’ve never took part in a cabin crawl before and I’m intrigued to find out about the different cabins.

For anyone interested we’re staying in an ocean view balcony, room 266. We always get an ocean view balcony... here’s the cabins we’ll see today -

2f0bf792fe21d5d2c8d467c35e87ad19.png

I’m sorry I didn’t take a photo of the menu or our food last night... I had mushroom soup, pork chop and rice (delicious) and key lime pie. My husband had crab cakes, fish and mash potatoes and pear and blueberry cobbler. All very nice, although it was a little chilly in the dining room last night so I’ll be taking a cardigan today.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know!

Is the chat a real-time text conversation, or is it possible to send a message to someone who doesn't have their phone on and the message pops up later?

If you send it to someone ‘offline’ it comes up to say that they are offline... however, at the moment it’s not sending a notification to tell them they have a message and nor is it popping up when they log onto the app.... so it doesn’t seem to be working all that great at the moment...

If you send it to someone ‘offline’ it comes up to say that they are offline... however, at the moment it’s not sending a notification to tell them they have a message and nor is it popping up when they log onto the app.... so it doesn’t seem to be working all that great at the moment...

Thanks, so at least at ths point, it does not sound like a replacement for a real texting app. Hopefully it will be improved over time.

Yes we have the app. In fact when we had checked in and we waiting to board there was a gentleman coming around with flyers telling people about the app and encouraging them to download it. It’s talked about quite a lot on the ship too. The chat works fine, when you press the chat button it brings up people in your reservation.. if you wanted to chat to anyone else you would need to know their surname and reservation number.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the update.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

Thanks, so at least at ths point, it does not sound like a replacement for a real texting app. Hopefully it will be improved over time.

No problem.

Just checked back in and the message came up with a notification so maybe it was just a signal problem at the time... I’ll test again at a different time of day and let you know.

We will be on 10/21. Trying to schedule a few Roll Call events. If possible will you post the M&M time for each week(we’ll be on the western itinerary)

Also if you have the day/time of the Suite events or Top Tier events that would be helpful.

I want to try to schedule the Slot Pull where it won’t interfere with those events.

Thanks so much & have a wonderful trip!

Thanks for the great info. Wondering what time the muster drill was yesterday? Is the voom working well in the room?

Hi,

Muster was 4.15pm.

Yes voom is working well in the room in terms of updating here, Facebook etc.. although the chat on the app seems a bit glitchy with messages coming through (albeit that’s on the free WiFi anyway).

Hope this helps!

Thank you for taking the time on your vacation to post. We were on the

Allure a few months back and enjoyed every moment. Have a great cruise!

Thanks very much!

We were on Oasis in December and at the moment we haven’t spotted any real differences between the two... having a great time so far!