Live from Allure

rwright261

Reading a number of different threads, so I apologize if this has been said, but I saw you posted the 10 drink offer.....was that on day four? We typically purchase the ultimate drink package, but did not get it for our upcoming cruise since we have free soda and a decent amount of OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all,

We’re currently on Allure about to embark on a back to back cruise.

I didn’t realise but we have been given the Voom package (1 device) with the package we booked.

As long as it doesn’t annoy my hubby too much I’m happy to answer questions, find things out for you if anyone has any questions.

Here’s the compass from today as a starter....

Thank you so much for all this information....... I can't wait to see it all in person. I will be following and watching for all your post..... as long as your hubby allows! Enjoy your cruise!

Reading a number of different threads, so I apologize if this has been said, but I saw you posted the 10 drink offer.....was that on day four? We typically purchase the ultimate drink package, but did not get it for our upcoming cruise since we have free soda and a decent amount of OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was yesterday, day 5 was the first time we saw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for all this information....... I can't wait to see it all in person. I will be following and watching for all your post..... as long as your hubby allows! Enjoy your cruise!

My hubby is actually getting into exploring and finding out the answers to people’s questions.. what may stop me next week is not having internet. I wouldn’t have purchased it, but got it free with our booking (although I didn’t realise that until we boarded)... we’ll see if it get it next week also?

Hello everyone,

We have had a really enjoyable day at Labadee today.

f865e47a2344ba7659624fdf901a0259.jpg

We went to Park Cafe for breakfast and had an English muffin with ham, cheese and egg. It was actually quite enjoyable. Not sure if they do it in the USA but in the UK McDonalds do something similar for breakfast.

We were in line to leave the ship and one of the first off. We headed for the little cart and all the way through the market place to Columbus Cove.

We got a nice couple of loungers under a palm tree in the shade.

5b8f2de4216293ee93d4435b0d54221f.jpg

You can take your pick of places if you get there early, all the shade went first.

The bars seemed quite slow to open, but there were waiters coming around selling the island drink in plastic beakers. Not sure how much they were though.

We soon got sorted...

70b239dc9670b30dc6da2e6b3ebd9310.jpg

Lunch opened at 11.30am and we were advised by our waitress last night to head there early as the queues can get real long.

We headed in about 11.45am and there was no line. They had salad, coleslaw, potato salad, hot dogs, burger (beef and turkey), corn, rice and beans, ribs and chicken legs.

The smell from the bbq was delicious, however the food was actually quite bland.. apart from the corn which had been coated in cinnamon which completely put me off.

They also had cakes and fresh fruit although there were lots of flies around these.

I think I may have said yesterday we weren’t sure whether to eat at Labadee as we had been put off by people begging on previous trips. However, we noticed this time they have put a green fence around the mesh fence so you cannot see out, or people cannot see in.

We sat another couple of hours after lunch and went into the sea. I enquired about a float and was told it was $19 to hire, or the guy said take this one (on the floor and looking a bit battered) and give me a tip when you come back. We decided not to take either offer and just headed into the sea.. if actually got a little cold after being in there a while.

We waited about 15 for a tram and in the end gave up and walked back to the ship.

There were lots of stalls selling licence plates, we enquired at one who told us $20... we tried to haggle to $10 and he wasn’t having it then a lady told us she paid $5 up the road and kindly showed us to the stall holder who was pleased to sell us one for $5. We have 3 now one from each port for our collection.

When we got back on the ship we headed for Cafe Promenade and I had another lovely hot chocolate along with two cookies and a cherry tart (very similar to Portuguese tarts). We came back to the cabin and my hubby had a little sleep whilst I read.

We have just spent some time down on Central Park, one of our favourite places on the ship. It’s interesting to see the little birds, and we like to people watch.

We saw one of the couples from the love and marriage show having their photos taken. It’s funny to think they are probably recognised by lots of people on the ship who know some quite intimate things about them.

We have come back to the room and the stewards are putting peoples luggage tags out. We have come back to a consecutive cruise letter...

141507e4dc4d999c8a78d92d258a35d3.jpg

9c19d599f0385fea4eb366e06371b8b2.jpg

And a show schedule for next week...

55ea905c1bf4529ebab68e16e33aa2b4.jpg

Our cabin steward said he will change our bedsheets tomorrow but our cabin will be the last to be cleaned on Sunday as it’s a hectic day for them. That’s fine with us.

It’s formal night tonight and we have dinner scheduled for 7.30pm so I’m off to get ready now. It’s also quest tonight which I’m really looking forward to!

I have also been posting some of the planners for the children on the Facebook page so here they are in case they are of any use to anyone -

Teen program for the week...

246352113289118170e852d9c9b98249.jpg

beda6c86130f9a4f2209a93858bec53e.jpg

7b7ada7cb066dad021c0fe9d40340832.jpg

d4227ff918cce0b1c57ca03342df081b.jpg

And for younger ones, I don’t have the whole week as only started collecting them a couple of days ago...

632ace10dbdbe931370e07965ce4f4a5.jpg

716b7b8959df93d55cfa42927c66f92f.jpg

rwright261 Can't tell you how much we've enjoyed your posts. Very informative. We will be traveling on Allure in 22 days. Can you posts some of your favorite picture of the ship? Thanks again for taking time out of your vacation to do this!

No worries at all... yes I’ll do some summary photos of our favourite places on the ship.. enjoy your trip, won’t be long now!

So last night for dinner we both had the minestrone soup to start which was very good.

We also both had the beef tenderloin which came with a pepper sauce and potato gratin. My husband got a lobster tail with his to make surf and turf. He said it was really good.

My favourite dessert of the cruise so far, baked Alaska.. really lovely especially the meringue. Hubby had apple pie which he also enjoyed.

Our waitress was feeling better, she said she has a trapped nerve in her back going down to the legs. Sounds like sciatica. She told us she has a 3 year old daughter who’s birthday is today, her mom looks after her. She’s got 8 weeks left on her contract.

We went to Boleros after dinner and had a drink there. There was a band playing Latin music with a few couples dancing, it was fun to watch.

We headed down to Studio B to line up for quest, the line was already probably 20 couples deep by 10.10pm with doors opening at 10.30pm.

We sat in section 2, no one really wanted to volunteer to be team captains, and I think the captains we got hadn’t seen quest before as they didn’t really want to participate themselves I.e the male dressing up as a lady etc. Some people in our section had bought props, false teeth, a wig etc but they didn’t comment upon that. It was a whole lot of fun, and the first time we have seen quest where the Assistant cruise director has hosted it and not the cruise director himself. It will be interesting to see how quest compares next week.

We came out of quest at about 12.10am and headed straight to bed, our latest night yet.

We woke up just after 9am today and decided to try Jonny Rockets for breakfast.

Here’s the menu -

d9bb32b2237c7878ffb38e6b6a7db276.jpg

We both ordered the eggs two way with sausage, mine with English muffin and hubby with toast.

Before the breakfast came to started raining really heavily. Although we were outside we were undercover so stayed put.

Here was our breakfast -

2843e8c645ef689ff55b76c60c496073.jpg

5370e8a0a32cdbe8a84b58607e43724f.jpg

It was just OK, don’t think we would do it again. It wasn’t really any different to what we could get at the Solarium or even Windjammer. Because it was very busy the service was slow and the waiters seemed reluctant to bring more OJ or wipe the table for example.

We hung out in the champagne bar for a while this morning and then settled our account, the cash queue didn’t have anyone in it which was a bonus. The other queue wasn’t too bad this morning although i expect it will be long tonight.

Be aware, we were charged $8.26 for island sales, when we questioned this they said it was a purchase at Labadee. When we said we hadn’t bought anything there (our drinks were on package) they took it off our account without question.

Due to the rainy weather today lots of people are hanging out in the indoor areas of the ship. They have had a sale on today, the usual $10 items, but also 2 tshirts for $20... people were going mad over them. I bought a new beach bag and a small rucksack which will do for our Disney trip next year, both $10 each.

We have just had lunch in the Solarium, mash and beef stew.. reminds us of home on this rainy day. We’re now chilling out on the rattan chairs in the Solarium.

We have reservations for Blue Planet at 5pm which we are looking forward to.

It will be nice not to have to put the cases out tonight, although we won’t do that next week either as we are going to self depart to get off early.

We enquired about the trips tomorrow in Fort Lauderdale but the only one that bring a you back to the ship rather than the airport is the airboat one and hubby doesn’t fancy that. I think we will stay on board unless anyone has any other local suggestions.

We like shopping, but did quite a lot on our first day in Orlando and although we have 3 suitcases ( 2 x 23kg and 1 x 32kg) we need to be careful of our weight (I bought 10 Disney t-shirts and some Christ decorations from Cracker Barrel plus DH bought some shirts and tshirts too)....

Anyway, until later....

So Blue Planet was definitely worth a watch, there were some just OK scenes and some incredible ones too.

We got back to our cabin at 6pm and managed to call my parents via FaceTime who are currently on the Celebrity Equinox ship. They left Miami last night and are also doing a back to back.

We went down for dinner to find our waitress is off sick. The replacements last though was very good.

To start we both had the lentil soup, my husband swore blind it’s Oxtail! It was good.

For mains I had the lamb shank and my husband had the fish and chips.

The lamb was HUGE, I took a photo to show you...

daa53171660af38f567fe5ec72406c87.jpg

Both meals were good.

For dessert my husband had banana bread pudding and I had pavlova, again both very enjoyable.

We have had to come back to our room as just before we left we went to get some money from our safe and it came up saying ‘error’ and started buzzing. As we had a dinner reservation the cabin steward gave us the number for maintenance to call, we have just called them and we’re waiting on them to come out now.

Not sure why we’re going to do then, there’s an open comedy show tonight which we may check out.

As I have said earlier this report continuing will depend on whether I get the voom package included next week also... I hope so.

In the mean time, as promised here’s some photos of the ship (maybe more unusual ones but I like them...)

Thanks for reading!

2f0e5596ce8c2408f28e36655e721e34.jpg

1bb6972381fd493e02312229ccf2eba8.jpg

42c109a1f83070d49d91cb781b2fcc32.jpg

9811c59b084b7d41027ede2493928e2b.jpg

09e0fb726a131c5f5f5b71cdea83b0f6.jpg

Hi all,

Good news that I have been given the internet package for our second week on board Allure of the Seas so my report can continue.

We were up at about 7am and headed off the ship about 8am.

One of the representatives at Guest Services was completely misinformed about the procedure for back to back cruisers.... there were 2 options...

1 - stay on the ship all day and therefore meet at schooner bar at 9.45am

Or

2 - head off the ship with your old seapass card, passport and an ‘in transit’ card that you pick up from guest services. You can depart the ship from 6.30am to 9.30am only.

He was trying to tell us we had to go to schooner bar regardless... that was wrong and we would have missed our slot to get off. It’s a good job I read the letter well enough and thought to question him.

Anyway, we headed off the ship no problem and took a taxi to Southport Shopping Centre. It cost $6.90 and we gave the driver a $20, he gave us $10 change.

We had a wonder around Ross dress for less and my hubby bought some hair clippers, his hair has grown long and wanted to cut it. We also bought some luggage scales to check the weight of our bags after all the shopping we did in Orlando!

We had breakfast in Einstein Bros Bagels, having one farmhouse, one turkey and cheese, a latte and OJ.. this cake to $19.50.

We then headed init Dollar Tree, I bought some small boxes of milk duds and caramel m&m’s (we cant get them at home) for $1 obviously, and we saw them later in Walgreens for $1.79 each.

We had a walk over the large bridge and took some great selfies after popping in Walgreens and being amazed at the choice of all the pharmacy goods!

4221a76e4bfad827170ceefc556b74c3.jpg

We headed back into Walgreens and picked up a pineapple and grape Fanta (other things we can’t get at home) and called for an Uber back to the ship. It cost $7.

We were back on the ship within 10 minutes. We went through expedited entrance (we had that anyway), and were given our seapass card by the cruise controller desk.

When we got back to our cabin we had a note to say the beach excursion we booked in Costa Maya has been cancelled due to seaweed on the beach. We have headed to the excursions desk and booked another beach break. She actually gave us 20% off since the first one we bought was on offer... this one is cheaper so we’ll be getting some credit on our account shortly.

We have had lunch in the Solarium, it’s very quiet at the moment as I guess some people will be in their room unpacking or exploring the ship.

Let the second cruise begin!

Thank you for doing such a wonderful job on this review and answering everyone's questions. I am getting excited for our family trip on Allure July 2019. I just booked our Fort Lauderdale Hotel. Love your pictures of the ship

We have just left Fort Lauderdale, headed for Nassau in the Bahamas tomorrow.

Thanks for the lovely comments.

I’ll continue my report this week.

I think I’ll try and photograph the menu and our food too for something different this week.

8ea63fb2ae743b76f61461fbcb76adbd.jpg

Catch up later!

We started our night off with drinks in schooner lounge... cheers!

97f7d75d78661f4f838aba4dbe5ae16c.jpg

We were pleased to find out same table was available tonight although we have different wait staff.

As promised I’ve taken photos of the menu and our food.. I hope it makes the report more interesting to read.

Here’s the day 1 menu -

8b83680b6cfd9729cb9feac36fe7805a.jpg

ed638e0eb6c3ff91235e1ded5944d8e7.jpg

a3bec504b3b1b4a91c5fe294de2fa383.jpg

99b26630194edd652708f8cd98b8083a.jpg

For starters I had the mushroom soup again, I tend to enjoy soup as my starter and it was nice again this week.

My husband had the waldoft salad. He said this was a nice mix of sweet and sour.

3970a11afb0f4a17cb353b6b99e2d520.jpg

0c0d34faaa299a8003814812fbc93f97.jpg

For mains I had the prime rib, I asked for it well done but the outer edges were most definitely rare with the middle being cooked just enough for me to eat. This was probably the worst meal for me so far.

My husband had the pork chop which is what I had last week. He enjoyed it.

706ecfc81bc92a8fcd9435a4e98b9d5d.jpg

29a02c72fb0a9cc678d941774e730769.jpg

We waited quite a while for our desserts to come, then when they came out they were just luke warm.

I had the pear and blueberry cobbler and my husband had the Hazelnut Chocolate dessert. He described it as death by chocolate!

I enjoyed my dessert although it would have been nicer if it was hotter.

5d288ab9af90858a8c55ba2cc0a44267.jpg

2b97af9a73dfed3015226f4c144ea165.jpg

We do have aqua tickets for tonight, however, I think we may skip it and have an early night. I’ve got a bit of a headache and we’re both quite tired after getting up early today.

We’re doing the seashore sail and snorkel trip tomorrow, and have to meet at 8.45am.

I’ll report back tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed the food pics!