Live from Allure

rwright261

We will be on 10/21. Trying to schedule a few Roll Call events. If possible will you post the M&M time for each week(we’ll be on the western itinerary)

Also if you have the day/time of the Suite events or Top Tier events that would be helpful.

I want to try to schedule the Slot Pull where it won’t interfere with those events.

Thanks so much & have a wonderful trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

For some reason we signed up to M&M but haven’t had anything in the cabin to confirm.. I’ll find out.

We had top tier event today (10.45am - aqua theatre for those interested)... if I see any more I’ll let you know.

Hi thanks for the LIVE review. I'm hosting a cabin crawl on Allure. If you have an opportunity will you check and see if they have the $1 Wheel of Fortune machines? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Yes if we get chance tonight I’ll check and let you know.... or when I get chance.. leave it with me!

So we headed for breakfast just before 8am and were in line at the MDR for opening. The line split into two, one for a la carte and one for buffet.. we chose buffet.

The choice was apple juice, orange juice, cereal and pastries, pankcakes and waffles, plus English bacon, beans, hash brown, chicken sausage, ham and cheese omelette or cheese omelette.

We thought we were in for a peaceful breakfast until the dreamworks character breakfast started upstairs with the host on the mic and gangnam style playing full blast!

We didn’t spent long in the MDR and headed to Windjammer to see what was on offer (we didn’t have a second breakfast just wanted to see the choices)... they had mushroom, tomatoes, and pork sausages as well as streaky bacon for those who like a ‘cooked breakfast’ as well as oatmeal and I even saw miso soup! This would probably have been around 8.30am and there wasn’t much space to be had we probably saw around one free table and the bar type seats free.

We then headed to the Solarium, they had more choice than the MDR but less than Windjammer, lots of lovely fresh fruit to make a salad as well as whole fruit. And some tables to be had. In fact th me solarium stayed pretty quiet until after 10am when it just started to get busy.

We headed for the top tier event in the aqua theatre at 10.45am, they were offering about 3 alcoholic drinks, Fizz, mimosa, Bloody Mary as well as fruit punch.

We met the Captain and officers and watched a couple of cool videos. They also presented a bottle to the top three C&A members, the top cruiser had over 1700 points!

Saw this guy at the event who posed for a photo...

3ee302309ff18eff5ca5388bd0b98513.jpg

We have had lunch in the solarium, choice of roast potatoes, minute steak, pork joint, chicken curry, beef burgignion, mash, green beans, curried beans from what I remember. It was a nice choice.

We are now back in the room to freshen up for the 3pm cabin crawl!

We will be on 10/21. Trying to schedule a few Roll Call events. If possible will you post the M&M time for each week(we’ll be on the western itinerary)

Also if you have the day/time of the Suite events or Top Tier events that would be helpful.

I want to try to schedule the Slot Pull where it won’t interfere with those events.

Thanks so much & have a wonderful trip!

Hi,

The meet and mingle took place this morning at 10.15am in on air... feedback was there wasn’t much mingling and it was mainly the entertainment staff talking.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

The meet and mingle took place this morning at 10.15am in on air... feedback was there wasn’t much mingling and it was mainly the entertainment staff talking.

Hope this helps!

Thanks it does. May have to rethink and have the Cabin Crawl start around 2 so that everyone can make it to both events.

Thank you for your information. I am looking forward to being back onboard Allure for our third time next spring. Enjoy your B2B. We did our first on Freedom this past summer. Loved being able to stay on as everyone else got the boot. LOL.

Barbara

Hi thanks for the LIVE review. I'm hosting a cabin crawl on Allure. If you have an opportunity will you check and see if they have the $1 Wheel of Fortune machines? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Hi,

Just checked for you and they do have $1 wheel of fortune machines.

dbe6543fedb2ade17e48040b0cf82993.jpg

Hope that helps!

Hi,

Muster was 4.15pm.

Yes voom is working well in the room in terms of updating here, Facebook etc.. although the chat on the app seems a bit glitchy with messages coming through (albeit that’s on the free WiFi anyway).

Hope this helps!

Thank you! Enjoy your cruise. We have a couple weeks.

Thank you for your information. I am looking forward to being back onboard Allure for our third time next spring. Enjoy your B2B. We did our first on Freedom this past summer. Loved being able to stay on as everyone else got the boot. LOL.

Barbara

Thanks Barbara.. yes it will be nice to not put our bags out! Enjoy your next trip too!

Was the top tier event for Platinum and above? Someone recently posted it was only for Diamond and above. Looking forward to being on Allure in two weeks!

Thanks for your time!

Patti

Hi,

Yes it was platinum and above.

We’re Emerald and got there 15 mins early and no one even checked our invite or sea pass card.

It was a nice way to spend half an hour or so.

Thanks it does. May have to rethink and have the Cabin Crawl start around 2 so that everyone can make it to both events.

We just did a cabin crawl that met at 3pm, which seemed to work for everyone. I really enjoyed it.

So I’m just back from the Cabin Crawl.. can’t remember if I posted the list of rooms or not, but if not here goes...

4584582128fd789a6b92f65ceb2bbe47.png

I really enjoyed the cabin crawl and would encourage people to attend if you join a group that organises one. Some people offered shots, wine and snacks which was a touch, although absolutely not a requirement!

Here’s some of the rooms...

First up, Royal Loft Suite -

05b232ab96348189e505d6db97a01321.jpg

24f22b2cbb9887ca634ae7f709c8b1c0.jpg

0a29d6c9d47d0b5198dc9e173c510d6f.jpg

53645683e8fc5ba2c8f052c64ff54027.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181001/4d571c6901e24e83533ddcf822b69bb4.jpg[/

Next up, Crown Loft Suite

c04e2b5a254d50c780c59226609697bb.jpg

7002719ff33fab0030c9247d9d9ceba2.jpg

e932ca7a7947b35a7f3253a61724e037.jpg

1ea7006ca8677a9d3e9f3aedbc143207.jpg

Something I didn’t take a photo of was the corridors, they are double the size of the normal ones.

Next up, no room photo but this is Central Park balcony view -

a287568b02a1f4b248b971d2f0d4682a.jpg

And next, Boardwalk balcony view -

25254078bb82d98d15abd257e44f1703.jpg

Next junior suite -

cde6c4a6b519b6bc02deb5668e3ec978.jpg

535f39000729c129204bb8ed71171ecb.jpg

8c20e82e9433300a34ab44cba66867c1.jpg

And finally, Oceanview (I personally couldn’t stay in this room just being so close to the sea made me feel a little wheezy!)

cdacc27d352db3c32925fae2881913a2.jpg

There’s no photo of the balcony cabin as that’s what we have, but if anyone wants to see some photos let me know and I can post some. And the people who had the promenade view had to pull out so no photos of that room either.

Sorry if some of them aren’t great quality, we had a big group so it was difficult to get good photos.

I really appreciate everyone who let us see their room... now to play the lottery so I can stay in a Royal Loft Suite!

Hi,

Yes it was platinum and above.

We’re Emerald and got there 15 mins early and no one even checked our invite or sea pass card.

It was a nice way to spend half an hour or so.

Thanks for your prompt response! Sounds like we'll need to "jog" from the Meet & Mingle to the Top Tier event.

Patti

Unfortunately last night was a wash out for us, the ship was travelling fast yesterday but also the water was very choppy which meant we hadn’t felt great all day.. weird after the number of cruises we have done and the size of this ship... only other experience was crossing the Bay of Biscay... anyway, it meant we skipped formal night. It’s a good job we’re doing back to back, at least we have 3 more to attend.

We headed to Windjammer, I tried to eat a chicken breast and jacket potato, but couldn’t really touch it. I noted they had duck l’orange which I had also seen on last nights MDR menu.

Anyway, we were in our cabin and asleep by 7pm (earliest ever!) waking up 10 hours later at 5am.

The water seems calmer today and so far so good.

We had breakfast in the Solarium.. pancakes and fruit for me.

We’re chilling out on the nice rattan seats for an hour then we’re going to head to Central Park for the 9.30am talk.

Here’s the compass for today -

6bbe77a2d73e42a3b96a8fe233a64d0f.jpg

67661c21a6f62ea7c84e75a76c18761e.jpg

0988fe6d81915cdc0d77910cd7794ecc.jpg

d95078827fddb2a2d085e44df4c9738f.jpg

660b0b12b834130a33d01bdd5f6430b4.jpg

5704224159eb35f0195fefe4322c4af2.jpg

Spent an hour this morning touring the Central Park with a horticulturist... it was really interesting to hear about the history behind Central Park and how they maintain their gardens and their plans for the 2020 update.

There were lots of little birds around this morning.

I’d highly recommend the tour if you see it advertised.

27fadd8af270d5971c99af7ae1be60ab.jpg

We just did a cabin crawl that met at 3pm, which seemed to work for everyone. I really enjoyed it.

Does the suite with the bedroom on the second floor have a bathroom on that same floor? Or, do they have to go downstairs in the middle of the night for the bathroom?

Thanks for the update.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

We were on last week, the first week for the chat. It really never worked. We were a party of 15 and chat would have come in handy. They have work to do. It was very difficult to add people. Both parties had to accept. And, when we did chat, messages came through very late if they came through at all. Only about 2-4 messages came in real time. You also don't get a notification unless you're looking at the app. Not convenient. The other features of the app worked very well, but they have to do more work on chat.