Check in with set sail pass on RCI app on smartphone for Independence OTS

Hi, we will sail on Independence OTS in about two weeks and I found our set sail pass on the Royal Caribbean app on my smartphone. Does that mean that it can be used to check in at Southampton cruise terminal? If so, is there any free wifi at the terminal? Any inputs will be appreciated, thanks!

Hi all, thanks for your replies!

Sorry I missed the Southampton part. You don't need wifi on board to use it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Do you mean I can open the app without wifi to show the set sail pass for check in? I thought wifi is needed when using the app on smartphone. Will try, thanks!

On Freedom last week they were turning away people with the set sail on there phone, telling them to go get a print out. They had a little podium outside the terminal where they were sending them to do it. I backup everything with paper. I have seen too many boarding passes on phones for flights not working.

On Mariner this week the agents right when you enter the terminal were completely confused with the app. I was in the boarding page and she was like “ahhh ahhhh I need to see the name of the ship” it was saying MA which stand for Mariner and she was like no that’s not the name a minute later I pulled out the paper copy and again she gave a lesson on why I didn’t pull the papers on the first time I just had to smile and shut my mouth I was already on vacation mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums