Hotels in San Juan near pier

Looking for information on where to stay in San Juan the day before our southern cruise?

Nearest hotel to the pier is the Sheraton Convention Center.

There are nicer hotels on the beach, one I know is the Marriott Stellaris.

Other ideas in the San Juan forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

Lots of hotels in the Condado and Isla Verde areas. Many options there for dining, shopping etc and the taxi fares to the pier aren't bad. We like Condado Plaza Hilton, and Embassy Suites in Isla Verde. Trying the Intercontinental in Isla Verde this winter, it gets outstanding reviews.

Heading to San Juan as well, I booked a cheap one, but has good ratings on TripAdvisor and Expedia: El Canario by the Lagoon Hotel. Is in the heart of Condado Area, near La Concha Resort.

We stayed at Hyatt Place. Could see the ship from our room. There was a nice included breakfast and they held our luggage after checkout while we toured Old San Juan in the morning. We picked up our luggage when we came back after lunch then headed to embark on Adventure. Nice place. There's also a Longhorn Steakhouse across the street next to Hyatt House.

Lots of hotels in the Condado and Isla Verde areas. Many options there for dining, shopping etc and the taxi fares to the pier aren't bad. We like Condado Plaza Hilton, and Embassy Suites in Isla Verde. Trying the Intercontinental in Isla Verde this winter, it gets outstanding reviews.

We have stayed in several hotels in San Juan for one night pre-cruise. We stayed at the Intercontinental last March. We loved it so much that we decided that for our next southern Caribbean cruise, we are going to extend our vacation for a few days and spend a few extra nights at the Intercontinental.

We have stayed in several hotels in San Juan for one night pre-cruise. We stayed at the Intercontinental last March. We loved it so much that we decided that for our next southern Caribbean cruise, we are going to extend our vacation for a few days and spend a few extra nights at the Intercontinental.

Happy to hear this as we are staying there for a couple of nights after our Jewel TA next month, and were not sure which hotel to pick. Is there a choice of shops and restaurants within walking distance?

Julie

Ashland, thank you, really looking forward to this trip. With our being there for 2 days, we want to see more of Old San Juan since this will be our first trip. I doubt we will stay afterwards, if we did then I would get a Hotel closer to the airport. Daughter & I will talk that over.

Happy to hear this as we are staying there for a couple of nights after our Jewel TA next month, and were not sure which hotel to pick. Is there a choice of shops and restaurants within walking distance?

Julie

There are a few restaurants on the hotel property. There are also many shops and restaurants within walking distance. The bartender at the pool bar (Pedro) told us about a restaurant down the beach west of the hotel. We walked there for breakfast in the morning and had a phenomenal meal. There is a liquor store almost across the road from the hotel where we were able to get our wine to bring on board with us.

Ashland, thank you, really looking forward to this trip. With our being there for 2 days, we want to see more of Old San Juan since this will be our first trip. I doubt we will stay afterwards, if we did then I would get a Hotel closer to the airport. Daughter & I will talk that over.

Again you're so very welcome....I just might add that there is NO need to think you need to stay near the airport for a post-cruise stay.

I can't see spending an additional $200 or whatever so we can leave by 7 AM. Earliest flight out of SJU if possible would be 10:30 AM other wise after noon. If after noon then I don't get back into Palm Springs before 10:30 or after at night. Right now if I were going out this March I am looking at Jet Blue via JFK or United thru IAH. One gets me into SJU 2:20 PM or 6:30 AM. United via Newark was $200 more then the other two. The two below offer me the best route/connections times.

Jet Blue Non Stop JFK

10:49 PM from PSP Ar JFK 6:49 PM

9:22 AM Depart JFK AR SJU 2:20 PM $ 775.96

United via IAH $ 786.13

Depart PSP 3 PM AR IAH 8:07 PM

Depart IAH 11:44 PM AR SJU 6:20 AM

Gay