Antarctica on Princess - Side of the ship and other suggestions

Summerprincess

Hello All,

We are trying to decide which side of the ship to reserve a state room on for a cruise to Antarctica (Buenos Aires to Santiago.) If anyone has any suggestions on which side of the ship and which deck is best on this particular cruise, I would greatly appreciate it. I am asking because this summer we did the Land of the Midnight Sun cruise in Norway and I wish we had reserved our balcony on the starboard rather than port side. Now we will know for next time. :) Any other suggestions for this trip would also be very welcome.

Starboard side, for Glacier Alley. Although the captain will probably rotate the ship for all to have a view.

This would be true on any line, so asking on Princess board is not required!

We went to the Estancia at Buenos Aires, and a combo Penguin-Sheep ranch excursion at Puntarenas Chile. We did those with the ship's ShoreX because they were such long days! That worked out well as a storm came up at Puntarenas and we were late crossing the ferry, and the last tender was waiting for us! We did ship's excursions a couple other places just to get away from the ports to see the scenery, and we did a private tour run by a US expat in Puerto Chacabuco (En Patagonia Tours) that also included a lamb lunch (you may see a pattern in my choices!).

Starboard side, for Glacier Alley. Although the captain will probably rotate the ship for all to have a view.

This would be true on any line, so asking on Princess board is not required!

We went to the Estancia at Buenos Aires, and a combo Penguin-Sheep ranch excursion at Puntarenas Chile. We did those with the ship's ShoreX because they were such long days! That worked out well as a storm came up at Puntarenas and we were late crossing the ferry, and the last tender was waiting for us! We did ship's excursions a couple other places just to get away from the ports to see the scenery, and we did a private tour run by a US expat in Puerto Chacabuco (En Patagonia Tours) that also included a lamb lunch (you may see a pattern in my choices!).

Thank you crystalspin for your help. We will look at those excursions.