CRUISE INSURANCE in addition to NCL insurance

I actually just bought a plan today. It was more expensive though for numerous reasons but I paid $160 I believe. It's a mostly primary insurance and where I just submit directly to them to get reimbursed (rather than secondary insurance which requires a rejection by the primary before they will payout).

For just plain secondary medical and low coverage it would have run me around $40-45.

I went to the insuremytrip website. They have a number at the top of the page. I called it and talked to "James." Told him what I was looking for and he quoted me in the $40 range. I asked him specifically about primary medical and that was in the $70 range. I asked him to Email me two quotes for primary plans with varying coverage. I bought the more expensive $100 plan and opted for add-on coverage for extra personal property protection (loss/theft of cellphone, laptop, etc).

YMMY.

You should know you do NOT have to buy the NCL insurance, don’t you? NCL insurance will not necessarily cover your travel to and from the cruise, or any hotel. Insuremytrip is a great place to start. I personally use Allianz because I like their customer service and they cover everything from travel to and from to hotel to cruise.

I cancelled my expensive NCL insurance and got a plan from insuremytrip. I saved over 300.00 and I have much better coverage. It even pays 1250.00 per person (6) if the itinerary changes before sailing. IMO it's a win win. I got the Nationwide Luxury Cruise for a 14 nighter, good luck

If you are going to buy additional insurance, you should probably buy ONLY that insurance, instead of looking for something to add to the NCL. Definitely compare costs, because most people can get better deals elsewhere.

I cancelled my expensive NCL insurance and got a plan from insuremytrip. I saved over 300.00 and I have much better coverage. It even pays 1250.00 per person (6) if the itinerary changes before sailing. IMO it's a win win. I got the Nationwide Luxury Cruise for a 14 nighter, good luck

Cruise line mark-ups are crazy.