Wrinkled Clothing

kealalani

My brother will be flying in and is only taking one suitcase for our cruise. He is concerned about wrinkled shirts and pants. Does anyone have advise about how to get the wrinkles out once on board. This is his first cruise, I let him know that there are no irons. Plan A is that he iron everything in the hotel and we put it with our hanging clothes that we are bringing. TIA

There are wrinkle remover products in the laundry aisle of most supermarkets.Downy make one. I have found them most helpful on cruises.I forgot mine on a cruise and just sprinlkled the shirt with water and used the hairdryer in the room to get thr wrinkle out . THat was a desperate move and it worked.

My brother will be flying in and is only taking one suitcase for our cruise. He is concerned about wrinkled shirts and pants. Does anyone have advise about how to get the wrinkles out once on board. This is his first cruise, I let him know that there are no irons. Plan A is that he iron everything in the hotel and we put it with our hanging clothes that we are bringing. TIA

Buy wrinkle free shirts and pants.

We always send DH's shirts to the laundry for ironing on embarkation day (and anything else that looks like it needs it); they're returned the next day looking really crisp and fresh. It's an extra cost, but well worth the average €15.

We put our shirts on a hanger in the bathroom. Turn the water on hot and let the steam take the wrinkles out.

Did you have hangers in the cabin - how many? Or did you bring them in your luggage? Cannot see anywhere if they are there 1st time on MSC.

Did you have hangers in the cabin - how many? Or did you bring them in your luggage? Cannot see anywhere if they are there 1st time on MSC.

I've noticed that MSCs wooden hangers - where the tops slotted into rings attached to the rail in the wardrobe - have been replaced (on some ships, anyway) with the ones with hooks so they can be hooked over the bathroom door now. If your cabin has the former type, just ask your steward for extra hangers and he'll supply you with the metal ones they use in the laundry.

When I have to fly to a cruise port, I pack the night before to minimize the time clothes are folded or rolled up in my luggage. I also use just a carry on so I can place it in an overhead bin, thus avoiding getting tossed about or crushed at the bottom of a luggage cart.

I also wheel my one luggage piece onto the ship myself, so no handling by the porters onto the ship and the crew who takes it from the hold up the elevators to my cabin.

Oh, I also stopped bringing my tux or suit as well, just dress pants and a collared button shirt for the MDR.