Tahiti 2020?

crystalspin

That's what I was looking for. HAL used to have the smaller ships doing this itinerary in prior years. This year, it's the Eurodam and the prices for a 28 day cruise in a balcony cabin are finally reasonable. The smaller ships like the Maasdam and Amsterdam only have Lanai cabins and suites. What they call a veranda suite is just a regular veranda cabin on the larger ships. But they charge suite prices. Finally, they put a larger ship on this route and it is very popular. I booked the 28 day Hawaii, Tahiti, Marquesas cruise last October while onboard. I got an aft veranda cabin, (VB grade) for $5100 P/P. I also have prepaid gratuities and a $50 beverage card. Today's prices for a VB grade cabin (presently unavailable) is $9200. A minimum grade veranda cabin (VE or VF) is $7600.

I have no idea why HAL refuses to schedule more itineraries like this, because they sure seem like a winner.

See, I don't want to cross big seas in the smaller ships - not me but DH susceptible to seasick. Eurodam was a good size!

Maybe they will alternate years and offer again in 2021...

That is certainly understandable!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

A long time ago I researched the Tahiti round trip San Diego cruise in future years past 2019 and it did not exist on the HAL schedules. The only thing comparable was a cruise on the Amsterdam that was more than 50 days in length which was not feasible for me. Thus I booked the Eurodam in September 2017 for March 2019 and later posted a message stating that the cruise was not being duplicated past 2019. I was then told in no uncertain terms that this was not possible because it was such a popular cruise. Here is my post and the answer:

Originally posted by
amusea
This cruise is almost completely sold out as it is in advance every year The strange thing is that HAL is not listing the itinerary for 2020. Just a few Hawaii cruises. Also, Hal seems to be able to get high prices for the Tahiti cruise as the bookings increase so it is curious that HAL would drop this popular itinerary.

ANSWER:

HAL will not stop this cruise; as you stated popular. Up to a few years ago HAL sailed 3-4 times a year this itinerary. Now only once a year. When we did this cruise in 2008, 2010 & 2015 got guarantee insides for $100 per person per day. Prices have changed!

The trend industry wide is to shorten sailing lengths in an effort to increase revenue/yields. Longer cruises attract a more well travelled clientele that spend less on ancillary items - cruise line shore excursions, photos, shops, spa, specialty ding, alcohol, and on and on.

Thank you for the information. Do you still think they’ll keep the 16 and 17 day Hawaii trips? I was looking to do one in 2021.

It’s really unfortunate that the longer Tahiti cruise isn’t being offered. It looks like a great itinerary.

Thank you for the information. Do you still think they’ll keep the 16 and 17 day Hawaii trips? I was looking to do one in 2021.

It’s really unfortunate that the longer Tahiti cruise isn’t being offered. It looks like a great itinerary.

Princess also does that itinerary.

A long time ago I researched the Tahiti round trip San Diego cruise in future years past 2019 and it did not exist on the HAL schedules. The only thing comparable was a cruise on the Amsterdam that was more than 50 days in length which was not feasible for me. Thus I booked the Eurodam in September 2017 for March 2019 and later posted a message stating that the cruise was not being duplicated past 2019. I was then told in no uncertain terms that this was not possible because it was such a popular cruise. Here is my post and the answer:

Originally posted by
amusea
This cruise is almost completely sold out as it is in advance every year The strange thing is that HAL is not listing the itinerary for 2020. Just a few Hawaii cruises. Also, Hal seems to be able to get high prices for the Tahiti cruise as the bookings increase so it is curious that HAL would drop this popular itinerary.

ANSWER:

HAL will not stop this cruise; as you stated popular. Up to a few years ago HAL sailed 3-4 times a year this itinerary. Now only once a year. When we did this cruise in 2008, 2010 & 2015 got guarantee insides for $100 per person per day. Prices have changed!

popular does not always mean most profitable use of ships.

Princess does this itinerary but it is not identical. They spend less time in the Society Islands which is what we would be interested in. Wonder if they just haven't posted the date and itinerary yet for 2020.

The roundtrip out of San Diego was one selling point (over flying to then from both/different end points). I agree, certainly not the same cruise, similar only in that it touches Tahiti.

Princess does this itinerary but it is not identical. They spend less time in the Society Islands which is what we would be interested in. Wonder if they just haven't posted the date and itinerary yet for 2020.
True, Princess does not do Fanning Island, Raiatea, Fakarava or Nuku Hiva. But a Signature Suite on HAL is $6000 more per person than for top Mini Suite on Princess!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app