Celebrity cruise Columbus day sale?

joelenewilliams

Dec 1st of 2018 isn't likely but you may find it on Exciting Deals. If you mean for 2019 then it might be on sale if there's a Columbus Day sale. Some of the big TAs might have sales, you'd have to do some research.

Yes we plan on sailing 2018! I will look on exciting deals and check with a TA. I looked at cheapcruises.com ... exactly the same price as celebrity with nothing extra ! Just doing some research .. although willing to pay the given price... would love to save a little bit and put towards excursion :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes on “exciting deal”20% off but of course always looking for better [emoji23]

You're not going to find an agency offering a lower price than the Xciting Deal. What you might find is OBC or other perks. Because you're booking at the discounted rate it will not come with the normal perk like a free drinks package.

You could always wait and see if it gets cheaper next week, but it also may not. They post then a couple of days in advance I think.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

So you're paying $270 more per person for the 2 perks vs. the Exciting Deal price of $749. Is that worth it for you?

Yes I believe so. We do drink alcohol so if we had to pay out of pocket per beverage at 9-12 I’m sure we would accumulate close to $270. That’s roughly 27 drinks during the cruise the cruise . [emoji5] thank you for the input !!!

I'm on the Summit next October 7, I asked if there will be some special event for Columbus Day (Day at Sea), the answer was a BIG NO.

I think OP was inquiring about a Columbus Day sale by X or travel agents rather than an on board event.

Yes I believe so. We do drink alcohol so if we had to pay out of pocket per beverage at 9-12 I’m sure we would accumulate close to $270. That’s roughly 27 drinks during the cruise the cruise . [emoji5] thank you for the input !!!

BTW for a 7 night cruise, taking the $150 OBC is a better deal than pre-paid gratuities.

Also, a VERY popular online agency (with 6 letters in the name, starts with the same letter as the popular warehouse club) has your sailing for $999 for balcony with free tips, drink package and $300 OBC!

Edited by MisterBill99

So you're paying $270 more per person for the 2 perks vs. the Exciting Deal price of $749. Is that worth it for you?

$270 / 7 = $38.57 per day

Gratuities are $14.5 per day

38.57 - 14.5 = $24.07 per day for the Classic beverage package; well worth it!

two $9 glasses of wine and one $5 latte would cost $23 x 1.18 = $27.14

$270 / 7 = $38.57 per day

Gratuities are $14.5 per day

38.57 - 14.5 = $24.07 per day for the Classic beverage package; well worth it!

two $9 glasses of wine and one $5 latte would cost $23 x 1.18 = $27.14

The gratuities are per person. Since both people in the cabin must choose the same perks you need to adjust the math.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

BTW for a 7 night cruise, taking the $150 OBC is a better deal than pre-paid gratuities.

Also, a VERY popular online agency (with 6 letters in the name, starts with the same letter as the popular warehouse club) has your sailing for $999 for balcony with free tips, drink package and $300 OBC!

Thanks bill. I see that now. We already booked directly with celebrity. I wonder if I should share that info with my celebrity agent if they will add in another perk [emoji848][emoji23] haha

Thanks bill. I see that now. We already booked directly with celebrity. I wonder if I should share that info with my celebrity agent if they will add in another perk [emoji848][emoji23] haha

Funny! BTW with all the searching for the best deal you were supposedly doing, I'm surprised you didn't find it originally. At minimum going thru an online TA would have gotten you some OBC.

Yes on “exciting deal”20% off but of course always looking for better [emoji23]

Joelene, you appear to be new to CC. You have committed one of the biggest violation of rules on CC. You cannot refer to specific travel agents or your posts will be deleted. As others have done you need to find some cryptic way to indentify your TA. Your TA could be referred to as an inexpensive online TA that focuses on cruises. Try to be creative, good luck.

Joelene, you appear to be new to CC. You have committed one of the biggest violation of rules on CC. You cannot refer to specific travel agents or your posts will be deleted. As others have done you need to find some cryptic way to indentify your TA. Your TA could be referred to as an inexpensive online TA that focuses on cruises. Try to be creative, good luck.

Exciting Deal is Celebrity's weekly sale list (actually called Exciting Deals and located here). It's not a travel agent.

Also if you were so concerned about it, why didn't you remove it from the post that you quoted?

Edited by MisterBill99

Exciting Deal is Celebrity's weekly sale list (actually called Exciting Deals and located here). It's not a travel agent.

Also if you were so concerned about it, why didn't you remove it from the post that you quoted?

Thanks for your perspective, it would have been more valuable if you had read all of the posts before they were deleted. I didn't respond to the specific post because I suspected it would be deleted.

Thanks for your perspective, it would have been more valuable if you had read all of the posts before they were deleted. I didn't respond to the specific post because I suspected it would be deleted.

OK I see where she did mention a site and no, that post has not been deleted (it's rare to actually see that rule enforced these days, although I did disguise my recommendation of a site in this thread). Would have been more obvious had you quoted the offending post and just edited out the name.