3 for Free speciality dining questions

SquishTheWhale

We booked our cruise in December under a 3 for free offer which included a free speciality dinner.

I understand that if we don't like our allocation they give us for this we can change it? So I guess my questions are as follows:

How do I find out what I have been allocated? Is there a letter in our cabin?

How do I change it if needed?

Are they generally quite obliging with the changes, or am I likely to be told I have to stick with what I have?

We are on the Crown- am I right in thinking the steakhouse is the better of the 2 specialities?

It's my birthday while on board so I thought it might be nice to try and switch the meal to that day.

Thank you, first time on Princess and still trying to work out how things are done!

We booked our cruise in December under a 3 for free offer which included a free speciality dinner.

I understand that if we don't like our allocation they give us for this we can change it? So I guess my questions are as follows:

How do I find out what I have been allocated? Is there a letter in our cabin?

How do I change it if needed?

Are they generally quite obliging with the changes, or am I likely to be told I have to stick with what I have?

We are on the Crown- am I right in thinking the steakhouse is the better of the 2 specialities?

It's my birthday while on board so I thought it might be nice to try and switch the meal to that day.

Thank you, first time on Princess and still trying to work out how things are done!

There is a card in your cabin.

Call the dine line on boarding day to make a change in day, time or restaurant.

The few times we had this it was an easy change, but handle this on boarding day, slots may fill up.

If you can't get through on the dine line visit the Crown Grill on boarding day afternoon.

If you have difficulty getting it changed via the Dine Line, you can go talk to the Captain's Circle host. We had to do that one time, when we were arbitrarily assigned to Sabatini's, because of my travel companion's dietary limitations, and we wanted to change to the Crown Grill. She was able to facilitate getting it changed to the restaurant, date and time we wanted.

FWIW, we had no problem changing our complimentary specialty dining on either of our two recent cruises. The only "issue" is that for one leg of the B2B there was a large group on board; they had fully booked the Crown Grill for one entire night. It didn't matter to us, but no one else could eat there on that evening.

FWIW' date=' we had no problem changing our complimentary specialty dining on either of our two recent cruises. The only "issue" is that for one leg of the B2B there was a large group on board; they had fully booked the Crown Grill for one entire night. It didn't matter to us, but no one else could eat there on that evening.[/quote']Thank you, great to know

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I agree. Take care of it as soon as possible, if you know when/where you want to eat.

They can fill up fast during cruises and once full it you may not be able to get in.

We gave up on the DINE line. We just go directly to the restaurant and speck with someone.

Just got off of the Ruby last Saturday. We had 3 for free Specialty Dining.

There was no card in our room on arrival.

I called the Dine Line multiple times on Embarkation day (The 22nd) and never got through.

I called at 8:05 AM the next day and got through. I was told my 3 for free reservation was at Crab Shack on the 24th at 6:00 (SHARE was closed for the cruise). I also made a reservation for Crown Grill for that evening (23rd).

When we arrived at CG they could not find our reservation but sat us anyway. We had an excellent meal. The restaurant was full. I was presented with the cover charge ticket at the end which I signed.

We went to the Crab Shack on the 24th at 6:00 and they could not find our reservation but sat us anyway. We had an excellent meal. The restaurant was full. I was presented with the cover charge ticket at the end which I signed.

On the 25th we got a card in our room telling us we had reservations at Crab Shack at 6:00 that evening.

The cover charge for Crown Grill was not charged to our folio. The cover charge for Crab Shack was charged to our folio.

We observed other couples at Crown Grill and Crab Shack having the same encounter with the head waiter concerning their reservation missing. They were always seated.