Pride of America Question

Dthorne1

Hi everyone! Thoughts on renting a vehicle in each port? Also, are you allowed to carry on one bottle of wine per person? Few other wuestions. Please let me know if you would like me to start a new thread. Thanks!

Hi everyone! Thoughts on renting a vehicle in each port? Also, are you allowed to carry on one bottle of wine per person? Few other wuestions. Please let me know if you would like me to start a new thread. Thanks!

Yes, you can take wine onboard for a fee based on size.

There is no inclusive drink package for Hawaii.

Ultimate Beverage Package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings, that are two (2) days or less, Pride of America or Harvest Caye.

The question was about the dining package. The OP knows the drink package isn’t available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renting a car is a good option in all the ports. Many of them require shuttles to the rental offices and there are some issues with overnight parking. The Hawaii port of call board has more details.

As for wine, you can take on as much as you want, but corkage is payable on it. You don’t get to take on any for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been 8 years since my POA Cruise, we rented a car in every port except for in Kona. In Kona we just tendered into port and met our non NCL zodiac excursion at the pier. After the excursion there was plenty of time to walk the main drag of Kona town. Renting a car was such a great way to get out and explore the islands! Enjoy your cruise, we sure enjoyed ours! We fell in love with the Big Island and have been back 5 times!!! Aloha!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 1:23 PM, Noeagle04 said:

Hello, I just got home a week ago from POA cruise. I rented a car in every port except Hilo. I met some folks who bought wine they said they were not allowed to bring it on. Every line is different Carnival lets you bring one bottle. NCL may not you have to ask them. Read my review for info on renting the cars.

On 10/4/2018 at 2:06 PM, Linda the Book Lover said:

There is no inclusive drink package for Hawaii.

Ultimate Beverage Package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings, that are two (2) days or less, Pride of America or Harvest Caye.

WHY????? 😫

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah that price is crazy. My husband and I spent about $950 on drinks total (including gratuity), and I felt like we drank a decent amount. I think we'd get alcohol poisoning trying to drink $1800 worth of alcohol between the two of us! 

• Like 1