How long does it take to convert Celebrity credit card points to OBC

ItzRav

We have a Celebrity Visa Signature credit card which already has a certain number of reward points on it. By a month before our cruise in February we will have finished paying for the cruise using that card (gotten the statement and paid it), giving us more points. Does one month give us enough time to convert the points to on board credit for that cruise? And is the process straightforward? Thanks.

Thanks for the responses so far. When you say "on line" do you mean at the credit card web site or the Celebrity web site? If the credit card web site, can you provide the web address? We don't have it. Thanks.

https://www.bankofamerica.com/online-banking/sign-in/

I did this online 3 weeks before my cruise last month. It did show up on my online celebrity account a day later, and I could have used it for excursions or drink package or what ever. I printed the confirmation from the card site and took it with me just in case of an issue, but there wasn't one.

Have fun!

• Like 2

We have done this before and it works directly from the Bank of America site. Only issue I now have is that the Edge is not as yet listed as one of the ships and that's where I want my credit to go. Waiting until she gets over here then I will do it again. We sail in January so it shouldn't take a few days.

• 4 years later...
On 2/16/2023 at 5:07 PM, cheeseheads4ever said:

We did this actually redeeming points for OBC yesterday. Nothing  in my cruise planner. Do I have to log out then log back in for it to appear?

Thanks for any help.

Same issue. I did it about a month ago and haven’t seen them pop into my cruise planner. Someone else mentioned that they will come in during the cruise? I am screenshotting my confirmations from BoA just in case. 

Ok we called Captains Club after an hour wait and the rep was able to access our Bank Of America card somehow. She said it takes 7 days for it to show on your cruise account. We were at 6 days . So she just manually put it on our cruise. My thought is to not wait just call captains club and let them do it. It appeared on our account right away.

I didn’t see ours. Transferred point on 2/2/23 and since nothing showed after two weeks I called Captain’s Club. 

She found it, credited my onboard account and then I was able to buy an Elite discounted Wi-Fi package using the credit! 

I just did this. About 9 days ago i went on line and followed the instructions and converted points to cabin credit. Today it was still not posted so i called them and after 30 minutes on the phone i am told it has been posted now.  They said there was an issue because I was in a group booking by my TA.  

I will say my wife has a RCCL Card and when we did hers last year it posted in less than a week,

I would do it as far in advance as possible and them make sure they post.

I agree. Redeem then give it a week. If it still doesn’t show up one your cruise account then call captains club. I wouldn’t wait tillI got on board done want to deal with that after boarding..

I think it’s a very good deal. We got the bonus points for getting the card and spending $1000 which we booked the cruise with and got 2 points per dollar spent and that added another $50 OBC!

Works for me.

6 hours ago, volk904 said:

I just did this. About 9 days ago i went on line and followed the instructions and converted points to cabin credit. Today it was still not posted so i called them and after 30 minutes on the phone i am told it has been posted now.  They said there was an issue because I was in a group booking by my TA.  

I will say my wife has a RCCL Card and when we did hers last year it posted in less than a week,

I would do it as far in advance as possible and them make sure they post.

Being in a group booking may be the reason I’ve had to call in the past.  This last time it did automatically show up in my account after a couple of weeks, but this cruise was definitely not a TA group. 

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Does anyone have the link to the 30k points for getting the Bank of America credit card. 
after your initial purchase and then you paid in full can you cancel the card after your points transfer to OBC?

How soon do you have to use your OBC?

If you have a cruise booked you can apply the OBC to that sailing. 

6 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

I'm shocked at how many people have and even use this card. It's one of the WORST credit cards on the market.

I agree.  As far as the standard rewards go, it's rather pitiful.  That said, I recently got one only for the current promotion which is a nice one (they brought it up while we were doing a booking a cruise on board.  I'll meet the promotion and then put it on a shelf in case they run another one, or I might cancel it after applying the OBC.

Thanks OP!

Just got my approval yesterday and was hoping to get the OBC for my upcoming repositioning cruise on the Connie to Barcelona but  barring lots of luck and OCD persistence...unlikely I'll reap the "rewards" anytime soon enough.😬

Edited by miXterOB