Sky Ride on Horizon not working?

GINNY L

Worked on our cruise. Was not as exhilarating as I thought it would be. I would definitely not wait more than 15 minutes to go on it. It’s a gimmick - nothing special but a waste if it doesn’t work. I saw on a Disney cruise a long water tube ride - looks like that would be a bigger hit. Still love carnival but I question the people who plan these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They call it a "ride" but I tried it in April, it is more of an exercise device. It looks like skateboard wheels rolling on an overhead I-beam with chains and sprockets from a bicycle pedal crank providing the power. I am in no kind of shape, and was quite done at the end of the lap. The Dr. Seuss slides were so much more fun.

They call it a "ride" but I tried it in April, it is more of an exercise device. It looks like skateboard wheels rolling on an overhead I-beam with chains and sprockets from a bicycle pedal crank providing the power. I am in no kind of shape, and was quite done at the end of the lap. The Dr. Seuss slides were so much more fun.

The way you describe it does sound a little unsafe. However, I am an avid bike rider that is why I really wanted to go on it. I thought it would be something I truly would enjoy instead of going to the gym to use one of those bikes.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2018 at 8:11 AM, GINNY L said:

The way you describe it does sound a little unsafe. However, I am an avid bike rider that is why I really wanted to go on it. I thought it would be something I truly would enjoy instead of going to the gym to use one of those bikes.

I too was an avid bike rider. This was no comparison to riding an actual bike. I enjoyed it but only did it once. So now I can say --'been there, done that.' 🙂