Luggage locks: TSA or regular

Really? From this article:

https://traveltips.usatoday.com/tsa-screen-passengers-cruise-110191.html

comes this:

The Transportation Security Administration holds the responsibility of keeping America's ports and transportation systems secure, enabling freedom of movement for people and commerce. Just like the extensive security checks performed at airports, cruise ship passengers also go through a screening process before boarding a U.S. vessel in domestic or foreign waters. The procedures are typically a collaboration between the TSA and the vessel operators.

Y’all are trying to marry or divorce the TSA with the CBP. Everyone is confused.

CBP takes care of port security.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Y’all are trying to marry or divorce the TSA with the CBP. Everyone is confused.

CBP takes care of port security.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are mixing customs with security. They are two different functions, carried out by different organizations. They are BOTH present for cruises. It's not one or the other.

Are you saying that the reference article is wrong?

Really? From this article:

https://traveltips.usatoday.com/tsa-screen-passengers-cruise-110191.html

comes this:

The Transportation Security Administration holds the responsibility of keeping America's ports and transportation systems secure, enabling freedom of movement for people and commerce. Just like the extensive security checks performed at airports, cruise ship passengers also go through a screening process before boarding a U.S. vessel in domestic or foreign waters. The procedures are typically a collaboration between the TSA and the vessel operators.

The TSA advises maritime, they DO NOT actually work in boarding security or on a cruise ship.

"The procedures are typically a collaboration". TSA gives them some advice only.

You are mixing customs with security. They are two different functions, carried out by different organizations. They are BOTH present for cruises. It's not one or the other.

Are you saying that the reference article is wrong?

No, they are not both present. You are misinterpreting the article.

OK. I bothered my TSA friend and he replied “They have cruise employees that do a version of what we do. They screen bags and people. It’s not quite as stringent as air travel screening. They are not connected to TSA and we do not train them”.

Maybe there was a TSA note from another bag that got put into yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A couple of years ago, someone higher up at TSA responsible for NY airports was interviewed by s newspaper.

They also took a picture of him posing with the TSA master keys.

A few hours later, you could download files for printing about half of those keys with 3D printers. The rest has been compromised not much later.

The funny thing is that Zurich International Airport, like any other non US airport who wants to get access to the TSA keys, had to go through a lengthy security review done by the TSA. They were finally granted to get the keys, but I always joke it would have been easier to just print the keys from the internet.

Our chief of police, responsible for airport security, also posed for a picture with the keys, but at least he held the "key" parts in his hands, so they weren't visible. But it's tool late for that anyways.

Just saying, anyone who really wants to get into a suitcase locked with a TSA lock will get into it anyways.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk