Dinner Reservations on Breakaway

Sterling

Greetings!

So when the ability to make reservations at the specialty restaurants and MDRs came up, I made a bunch of reservations. Now I’m regretting having so many things “scheduled”.

How hard is it to get into places without reservations on Breakaway? Part of me just wants to cancel them and play it by ear.

Thoughts?

Greetings!

So when the ability to make reservations at the specialty restaurants and MDRs came up, I made a bunch of reservations. Now I’m regretting having so many things “scheduled”.

How hard is it to get into places without reservations on Breakaway? Part of me just wants to cancel them and play it by ear.

Thoughts?

Most specialty restaurant will be full during prime time. You may be able to walk in at 9:00-9:30 before closing without a reservation.

You can always walk in for the Main Dining Rooms.

• 2 weeks later...

truth be known . I have used a concierge at NCL on different occasions for 2 to 8 people. He is able to get into the system to book Specialty ,even the main diningrooms. No way am I waiting on line with 8 people. Its almost impossible to co-ordinate on line so everyone eats together ..at one table. We even booked our own Teppanaki table ahead of time..Just saying :  ASK !

On 10/7/2018 at 5:29 PM, Sterling said:

Greetings!

I agree!

Having to schedule dinners and shows so far in advance - just to be able to actually get them - takes some of the fun out of a vacation for me, too!

Don't worry about not having all of your dinner reservations finalized before the cruise.

You can always cancel, make, or change them on the ship!  We are just off the Breakaway Transatlantic, and we found there to be openings in most restaurants every night by checking the lighted touch screen boards all over the ship.  It's easy to see what's available and reserve a table at any of them!  (I can't speak for Teppanyaki, as we would never go there anyway, but I see some folks posting that this fills up quick if you really want to go there!)

We managed to get into everything we wanted with no trouble at all.  The only time to book in advance is if it is for a special occasion....or you simply must be someplace on a specific night.

FULL DISCLOSURE:  While we GOT every meal and show we wanted, there are still venues on the Breakaway that ALWAYS required waiting in line for an hour - even if you have reserved seats!  (I'm talking to YOU, Headliners, Breakaway Theater, and Speigel Tent!!!)  😠

HAVE FUN and ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN

I mostly agree... I would add two caveats...  1) Teppanyaki is impossible.  If that's a "must" for you, I'd keep the reservation.  2) If you are traveling alone or as a couple, then doing things "whenever" works.  If you've got a group of 6+ - then you may not have that luxury.  That's just what I've seen in person and on the boards. 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:44 PM, chong67 said:

We are going for the free dinner.  How do we request a seating for only 2 people?  Before we get on board or right when you wait for your dining table?

If you are a party of two, you will be seated at a table for 2. NCL does not group seat unless requested or crowded.