BIG questions! I need BIG answers!

So my wife and I have booked paid for and are gearing up for a cruise ( Anthem of the Seas December 6 Bayonne, NJ) were taking a lot of our employees and their spouses on ( some have small children and can't go). We have 16 rooms booked on the Anthem and I need to find a place to stay the night before! I HATE to fly so living in Delaware, Bayonne is so easy to cruise from and the Anthem is an amazing ship, this will be our third cruise in two years on her and our 14th overall cruise, normally we stay at the Embassy Suites across from Newark airport. The cost to reserve that many rooms is over $4,300, I was hoping someone would have a better option for me, I know some will say you are and close drive that morning; however, I may have the worst OCD and refuse to chance traffic, weather or some other problem that would prevent us form getting there! I have looked at AirBnB and can't find anything that big....Any help would be great!

The cruise won't leave before 4:30 pm..right? Is everyone within driving distance? Sounds like you are. If folks get up and get on the road, it doesn't sound like time would be an issue.

Staying in a hotel the night prior requires an extra day of packing....unpacking for the night, repacking in the morning....PIA! If you can get there by noon or 1pm, just go the day of!

I don't know how the cost would compare, but there are three hotels in Elizabeth that are between the airport and the cruise port: Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn, and Courtyard.

Also try the East Coast Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415[/quote

Thank you I am checking them out now!

The cruise won't leave before 4:30 pm..right? Is everyone within driving distance? Sounds like you are. If folks get up and get on the road, it doesn't sound like time would be an issue.

Staying in a hotel the night prior requires an extra day of packing....unpacking for the night, repacking in the morning....PIA! If you can get there by noon or 1pm, just go the day of!

Yeah, I get it, I just over plan to to max! lol. I go insane if I'm 5 minutes late! Im just glad my wife and daughter gets it and deals with my weirdness!

Did you use a travel agent to book all the cruise cabins? If everyone is staying at the same hotel, your travel agent maybe able to get you a group rate for the rooms. Call the hotel direct and speak with the group department and tell them what you are looking for.

Did you use a travel agent to book all the cruise cabins? If everyone is staying at the same hotel, your travel agent maybe able to get you a group rate for the rooms. Call the hotel direct and speak with the group department and tell them what you are looking for.

I booked directly with Royals Groups department, I will email them now, I didn't know they could help with that, thanks!

Try Priceline. I always "win" with Priceline.

You're absolutely right to insist upon arriving a day ahead of time -- it's the cheapest insurance you can get.

I was on Priceline recently....it seems they have discontinued their "name your own price" feature. Bummer.