Seven Mile Beach

NRichard10

How far is this beach from the port? Do we need to take a taxi? What is the taxi fare?Is there an admission fee? Can we get lounges and umbrellas? Is there a beach bar there?

We just want to relax at a nice beach that is near the port and possibly have a bite to eat and a couple of drinks. Is Seven Mile Beach the place to go?

Thanks for your help. :)

7 Mile Beach runs for about 6 miles to the left of where you tender (facing land)....  The Calico Jacks area has food/drink, rentals, restrooms, etc.  The bus is $2.50 pp and quite easy!  Just tell them where you want to get off....Calico Jacks, and they'll say "here we are"!  There are many different beach NAMES, but it's all the same stretch of sand!

Are there cabs right outside the port to go there instead of bus? We are traveling with my elderly mother and I don’t really want to go by bus with her. 

Is Calico jacks closer to port or further away? I know the beach is 6 miles long. I would like to stay closer to the port. 

Can we bring floats? Are they allowed? Does the entire beach have chairs and/or umbrellas?

thanks again. 

If your party is all adults and no kids, head for Royal Palms, which is at the closest end of SMB.  Calico Jacks is at the furthest end, and is IMO more geared towards kids/families.  There are lots of threads in this forum that discuss the various sections of SMB and what is at each spot.

Shared ride taxis are available at the port, and it's about $5-8 US pp each way depending on which end you head to.

All of the spots with facilities have chair/umbrella rentals in addition to food/drinks, restrooms and showers.  There are also watersports operators at regular intervals, and floats/snorkel gear can be rented if you don't want to bring your own.  It's fine to bring your own floats, if you're willing to lug them along.

• Thanks 1