Welcome back

Host Hattie

29 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Maybe because those sections are stand alone rather than headings.

Thanks for all the help

Yeah, "Community Contests" and "Australia and New Zealand Cruisers" are indeed stand-alone topics. "River Cruising" has two subtopics, but one of those is basically an advertisement rather than a true bulleted subtopic, so perhaps that's why the "River Cruising" topic is treated as if it were stand-alone.

Edit: Oh, yes "River Cruising" is indeed a stand-alone forum in its own right (even though it also has a subtopic "River Cruise Ports") which explains why it can be selected as a search topic on its own. Its all starting to come together now.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 11:15 AM, Underwatr said:

I'm not gonna say that I hate it yet, but somebody has definitely moved my cheese.

After years of watching people try to fix what was never broken, I have come to the conclusion that one must allow those that need a reason to justify their pay to be allowed to play in the sand box.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like they removed the bug reports forum?

The big Cruise Critic menu at the top covers and obscures the forum menu on a phone in portrait mode.

Screenshot_20181113-204656-432x912.thumb.jpg.e00e259e8ac692aaffeb69ce8ed6b45e.jpg

The x icon on that banner doesn't do anything.

Edited by Underwatr

7 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

The Need Help board is still functioning, the menu can be retrieved by clicking on the blue line under the x.

I've reported it via email.

IMG_20181114_070052.png

Yeah, it does take a bit of fiddling, but if you tap on the correct spot to the far right on the solid blue line you will get the menu options providing access to notifications, account, forums, gallery, and activity. If you tap the correct spot on the solid blue line beneath the magnifying glass, you will get the board-specific search function page. And if you tap the correct spot on the solid blue line to the left of the magnifying glass, you will get your default activity stream to come up. So it would appear the menu is still there in portrait mode on a phone, it's just that its hidden within that solid blue line and you have to know the exact spots to tap to activate each menu option.

Of course until this problem is fixed, it's probably easier just to rotate the phone to landscape mode where you can actually see the menu. 

Edited by bluemarble

24 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Of course until this problem is fixed, it's probably easier just to rotate the phone to landscape mode where you can actually see the menu. 

Brilliant, why didn't I think of that !!

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

I discovered that, but in landscape mode the keyboard covers too much of the screen to see what in typing (all can see above the keyboard is the useless white banner) so I'd have to rotate back & forth.

The blue line trick works well enough for me.

A suggestion would be to make that top banner auto-hide (or at least less tall).

Edited by Underwatr

30 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

How odd, I'm using chrome on an Android phone as well, maybe the .co.uk version is fixed ?

It's looking better for me now. First, I went to "boards.cruisecritic.co.uk" and saw the menu was showing up properly for me there. Then it dawned on me that this just might have something to do with clearing cache/cookies from previous visits to "boards.cruisecritic.com". I cleared the browser cache in chrome on my phone and the menu started displaying as expected once again for me in portrait mode on the ".com" site. Or perhaps it just coincidentally started working correctly on the ".com" site while I was clearing my browser cache. Either way, I'm back in business. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1