Labadee questions

Kanebaby

Can anyone tell me if paddle board and kayak rentals are available at the beach or do they need to be reserved in advance. I’m not sure I want to plan it, but might be fun. Also, I’m wondering how the snorkeling is right off the beach? 

Edited by luvsun22

29 minutes ago, luvsun22 said:

Can anyone tell me if paddle board and kayak rentals are available at the beach or do they need to be reserved in advance. I’m not sure I want to plan it, but might be fun. Also, I’m wondering how the snorkeling is right off the beach? 

Paddle board and kayak can both be done on a walk-up basis.  The only risk is that they are all reserved for the day and you don't get to do them, but from what I understand this is rare.  You can ask about it at the rental shack at Nellie's Beach.  Snorkeling right off the beach is pretty much non-existent in terms of seeing anything other than sand.  You might get lucky and see something close to the rocks at Adrenaline Beach, but Labadee is not the place for snorkeling off the beach.  I have heard the snorkeling excursion is good, however,  They take you away from the regular beaches, but I have never done it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RMH said:

Paddle board and kayak can both be done on a walk-up basis.  The only risk is that they are all reserved for the day and you don't get to do them, but from what I understand this is rare.  You can ask about it at the rental shack at Nellie's Beach.  Snorkeling right off the beach is pretty much non-existent in terms of seeing anything other than sand.  You might get lucky and see something close to the rocks at Adrenaline Beach, but Labadee is not the place for snorkeling off the beach.  I have heard the snorkeling excursion is good, however,  They take you away from the regular beaches, but I have never done it.

Thank you!  I didn't think snorkeling was the best here, but a post above someone mentioned snorkeling, so I thought maybe I was wrong.  We won't bother to bring our gear ashore here and just enjoy a nice beach day with maybe some paddle boarding or kayaking.  

Edited by luvsun22

That would be great. Thanks! 

I saw a sign for a Columbus Cove shuttle boat but never saw it. We ended up walking there by way of Nellies, those avoiding the artisans and taking the tram back. The artisan village seems to have grown. The tram was running every five minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I saw a sign for a Columbus Cove shuttle boat but never saw it. We ended up walking there by way of Nellies, those avoiding the artisans and taking the tram back. The artisan village seems to have grown. The tram was running every five minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know, thanks for the report back. Hope you're having an enjoyable cruise! 

• 1 month later...

Several years ago, I went to a beach there. We got there right away, and tipped a guy for 4 loungers and 4 floaty mats, and an umbrella. He kept an eye on our spot when we were in the water.  My friends were also able to rent a paddle board that day for like $20.  Is there still a beach where we can do this, and which is it?  The one we went to was near a littl bar...

6 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Several years ago, I went to a beach there. We got there right away, and tipped a guy for 4 loungers and 4 floaty mats, and an umbrella. He kept an eye on our spot when we were in the water.  My friends were also able to rent a paddle board that day for like $20.  Is there still a beach where we can do this, and which is it?  The one we went to was near a littl bar...

I would also like to know if you can still rent paddle boards and for how much?

On 2/23/2019 at 8:08 PM, carnival03 said:

I would also like to know if you can still rent paddle boards and for how much?

Yes, stand-up paddle boards and kayaks are available to rent at Nellie's beach.  When we were there last year, the price was $20 for a half hour (paddle boards, did not ask about kayaks).

• Like 1