Coco Cay cabanas

maryjaden

27 minutes ago, CP3o said:

Refresh my Coco Cay memory b/c I'm pretty sure I read about this before.  I know you don't have be be in a suite to book a bungalow on coco.

Do they have two sets of Cabanas to rent; one set in suite area which can only be reserved by suite guests, and another set of Cabanas available to anyone to book online?

I thought non suite pax could book some sort of Cabana on Coco Cay so maybe there are suite cabanas and 'avail to all' cabanas?

I believe there are some beach beds available to rent.

31 minutes ago, CP3o said:

Refresh my Coco Cay memory b/c I'm pretty sure I read about this before.  I know you don't have be be in a suite to book a bungalow on coco.

Do they have two sets of Cabanas to rent; one set in suite area which can only be reserved by suite guests, and another set of Cabanas available to anyone to book online?

I thought non suite pax could book some sort of Cabana on Coco Cay so maybe there are suite cabanas and 'avail to all' cabanas?

Also the Bungalows as I understand can be booked if not in a Suite, others may be able to confirm this.

Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know ....Are beach bungalows On the left and beach beds on the right (1-15) ?  The drawn images look the same. 

I assume there is some advantage for suite guests booking bungalows bc can contact concierge and pick the number they want ahead of sail. 

ANYONE can book a cabana.

There are also Beach Bungalows and Beach Beds, that are in a different area, and can also be booked by anyone.

They come with a special lunch, delivered to your Bungalow or Bed, but not the enhanced buffet of the Cabana area.

Also note that with the changes coming to CocoCay there are changes with the cabana amenities.  They have told me for my June 2019 cruise that the cabanas won't come with the floating mats or the snorkel gear anymore, unless you are in a suite and then you will receive coupons you can redeem for the mats and snorkel stuff.  Also they said they won't have the special buffet just for the cabana area either.  They will have the drink area but you'll have to go outside the cabana area to get to the Chill Grill for food.

Just off the Mariner yesterday. Kept checking the online planner but when the cabanas finally showed up they were fully booked. Checked with the concierge to see if he could help, but he couldn't (we were in an OS). Went to the excursions desk first on Friday and was told they were completely sold out. We ended up in a bungalow which was fine, although the lunch wasn't anything great. The excursion rep did say the bungalow area was quieter.

2 hours ago, thecleave said:

Just off the Mariner yesterday. Kept checking the online planner but when the cabanas finally showed up they were fully booked. Checked with the concierge to see if he could help, but he couldn't (we were in an OS). Went to the excursions desk first on Friday and was told they were completely sold out. We ended up in a bungalow which was fine, although the lunch wasn't anything great. The excursion rep did say the bungalow area was quieter.

Did you contact the Concierge prior to your sailing to inquire about the availability of cabanas or wait until you were onboard to ask ?

7 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Did you contact the Concierge prior to your sailing to inquire about the availability of cabanas or wait until you were onboard to ask ?

The concierge sent me a welcome email 4 days before our sailing and I asked him then, but he said he wasn't able to assist me. My last Royal cruises went to Labadee and I had no trouble getting a cabana through the concierge, but that was about 4 years ago.

1 minute ago, thecleave said:

The concierge sent me a welcome email 4 days before our sailing and I asked him then, but he said he wasn't able to assist me. My last Royal cruises went to Labadee and I had no trouble getting a cabana through the concierge, but that was about 4 years ago.

Surprised that they would all be rented that far out...

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...