Move-Up Bid Accepted

actuarian

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

I assume that this is just a theory?  Or do you actually have some insider information?

i would think the higher category cabin (if available) would go first to the bidder that the (current price paid plus the bid) in the highest.  Then the next level on down to maximize the total.  Or something similar to maximize the revenue.

(just a theory). The best totals of all the bids if cascaded.

I have only experienced the bidding process once and I am convinced the category was never available.  I suspect there  is a default automated  setting two days or so before the Sail date that sends out notices that a your bid was not successful.

Good comments.  It would be interesting to know if they allow bids on categories with no cabins at the time of your bid.  If may still make sense to bid in the event a cabin in the category you have placed a move up bid DOES become available.

1 hour ago, shipshape sam said:

Good comments.  It would be interesting to know if they allow bids on categories with no cabins at the time of your bid.  If may still make sense to bid in the event a cabin in the category you have placed a move up bid DOES become available.

I can definitely confirm that Celebrity asks for bids when no cabins in that category are “showing” (for a long time) as available.  In my case it was a bid for a Penthouse Suite.

9 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

They definitely solicit bids for sold out categories. It’s been happening on our upcoming TA.  It’s to create a waiting list in the event of last minute cancellations.