How do I find forums I follow?

17 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

This is not the best way (IMO).  On the top of the page, click the Activity tab then the My Activities pull down and select Content I Followed.  That will give you the list with the circle/star to jump to the first unread post. 

That does not give me the list of FORUMS I follow. I don't follow any particular threads, just whole forum.

Currently, my solution using "Manage Followed Content" gives you this, which is the closest to what existed in the CC user panel, but there is no way to know whether a particular forum has been updated. The only info is that of the date we have subscribed to it and how we wish to be notified. Previously,  there was an icon next to the name to indicate new posts, and the name of the thread last updated (with poster and date of update) would show up next to the forum name.

cc.thumb.jpg.db042bb863fb139289fd840294763f23.jpg

I have found a usable solution by creating a custom stream (with the options of "Content Type" --> "Topics", and then choosing the forum I want). But still the forums are all mixed together (and I had to remove some of them with too much traffic).I'll make do with this, but I don't like it.

cc2.thumb.jpg.a80e12cc6955293a3cdc6b7e450b5b92.jpg

(on a positive note, the new "insert image" feature is great!).

15 hours ago, just_dont said:

Just curious, but where exactly is my username at the top of the page? Here's the top of this thread page as I see it: Screenshot_20181018-194807_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e9ae7dad63d307ab74bc6a553cb6e306.jpg

Try to look at the same page with your phone in "landscape" mode rather than portrait, things should appear on the right.

On 10/17/2018 at 6:53 AM, gometros said:

I believe you're not understanding my question. I'm not talking about threads I follow. I am talking about forums I follow. Big difference. 

Forums are followed on a desktop by clicking the follow button in the upper right so to follow the Alaska you would click the follow button, then the content can be in your stream I believe

image.thumb.png.0bf63a53363fd7c67fb89ac467193fe0.png

For P&O it would be this

image.png.864f287ed1bebf2c64d5a779fbd474da.png

Then you can create a custom stream and change the sort options and it will show in the stream (I just followed P&O as an example and had to change the sort to oldest to get it to show up on top

image.thumb.png.baf49f51fab660025edf577202a53b5b.png

8 hours ago, SarniaLo said:

Try to look at the same page with your phone in "landscape" mode rather than portrait, things should appear on the right.

Nope. 

The view did change - apparently that's what it takes to see signatures; hadn't seen any in portrait. But there's NO WAY this site can be used in landscape on a phone. 

Screenshot_20181019-201314_Chrome.jpg

10 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

Forums are followed on a desktop by clicking the follow button in the upper right so to follow the Alaska you would click the follow button, then the content can be in your stream I believe

image.thumb.png.0bf63a53363fd7c67fb89ac467193fe0.png

For P&O it would be this

image.png.864f287ed1bebf2c64d5a779fbd474da.png

Then you can create a custom stream and change the sort options and it will show in the stream (I just followed P&O as an example and had to change the sort to oldest to get it to show up on top

image.thumb.png.baf49f51fab660025edf577202a53b5b.png

That's also not what we're talking about here, but thank you for those thorough, if not off topic, instructions 

6 hours ago, gometros said:

That's also not what we're talking about here, but thank you for those thorough, if not off topic, instructions 

Changing the content to area and eliminating content I create I get new content in only forums I follow, its not sorted by forum but it is by forum, not by what I follow other than forums. If you want forums to sort by forum you should ask for a sort feature or ask to be able to tag forums so you can sort by tags

image.thumb.png.70e054643661283420fc781810d13f99.png

2 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

Changing the content to area and eliminating content I create I get new content in only forums I follow, its not sorted by forum but it is by forum, not by what I follow other than forums. If you want forums to sort by forum you should ask for a sort feature or ask to be able to tag forums so you can sort by tags

Please see my reply in #26. There is a list of forums that is currently accessible, but it doesn't show when a particular forum has been updated. We just want this list with the title and date of last updated thread, as there used to be in the old version. Your suggestion (while it works) does not offer the same functionality.

I don't think it is a complicated fix, but although this has been adressed in several threads, I still have not seen a reply from a CC person (I fully appreciate that they must be up to their ears with trouble-shooting requests, so I'm hoping they will come to this at some point).

Edited by SarniaLo

The big question is: WHY would anybody make such dramatic changes that cause so many people not to be able to do the things they have always been able to do? Why make it a gigantic "treasure hunt" to find out how to do those things? Even if some sadistic person wanted to make it difficult why would they go so far as to make some of the most commonly used features no longer available at all? It's not even just a matter of figuring out what arcane change was made in order to find a feature. It's a matter of the feature not even being available.