Price drop after final payment

landsear

1 minute ago, landsear said:

I honestly can't tell how I booked?  It was through a TA who isn't the most helpful.  I sent him an email but alas.  I am on the Carnival website and can't seem to find my booking type?

If you use a TA then you have to go through your TA for everything. This is one reason I run from TAs. 

20 minutes ago, landsear said:

I honestly can't tell how I booked?  It was through a TA who isn't the most helpful.  I sent him an email but alas.  I am on the Carnival website and can't seem to find my booking type?

Ask your TA to submit the refund request for you for onboard credit, then look for a new TA if you prefer to use a TA. Having a good TA is no more hassle than dealing with Carnival directly.

FYI, if your TA isn't responsive, you can call Carnival and they can attempt to contact the TA with you on the phone. If they are unable to reach him, they can handle your issue. I had to do that once, and then switched to a new TA.

I would try calling the TA.  Sometimes the pricing doesn't last long.  Plus, it has to be the same cabin category.  My confirmation e-mail from Carnival lists my cabin category.  If you don't have that, you may be able to look at some deck plans to see what category cabin you have.

8 hours ago, landsear said:

Am I SOL?  It went down $200.00.  We upgraded our room after our final payment.

If you booked early saver you should be able to get OBC. Just got some yesterday....and booked two trips to the steakhouse 🥩🥔🥦🍴😀

I was booked on The Paradise this past summer, and there were several drops after our final payment. I called each time, and got shipboard credit. They do compare apples to apples: Sometimes it has to do with the amount of deposit you paid, or the shipboard credit you got when you signed up. Paid for quite a few bloody marys...

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

If you booked early saver you should be able to get OBC. Just got some yesterday....and booked two trips to the steakhouse 🥩🥔🥦🍴😀

I got an OBC, as well, when the price of my next trip went down.  I'm considering a couple of trips to the steakhouse too!  🙂