Holland America Line Raises Gratuities for 2019

LAFFNVEGAS

2 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

However, my thoughts have sparked a valuable discussion about the purpose of tipping.  This is ultimately the goal of posting online - to provoke thought.  Unless we challenge are preconceptions, we are doomed to fail in life.  I will be on the look out for ways to avoid tipping on the Veendam in December. 😀  

I think a survey on this thread would prove once and for all that not too many posters find any value in your opinion.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, taxmantoo said:

I think a survey on this thread would prove once and for all that not too many posters find any value in your opinion.  

And I find little value in the opinions of people who blindly through their money away on tips.  It makes me question all of their opinions on CC.

3 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

This one poster has derailed many threads with his non-conventional thoughts on tipping.  Best to ignore altogether.  If they really believe half of the stuff they espouse, there are mental deficiencies involved.  

I tried to resist the urge for a while.

13 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

Oh, there is some value in their spouting those opinions so prolifically. Forewarned is forearmed, after all.

10 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

And I find little value in the opinions of people who blindly through their money away on tips.  It makes me question all of their opinions on CC.

Funny, how you categorise people making reasoned decisions to tip people who work hard to make our lives easier and more pleasant, and thus, hopefully, repay the favour just a little, as "blindly" doing something, whilst your flat policy of withholding tips, no matter what, and making sweeping statements about service providers doing nothing and being "shiftless" as something better and more intelligent/thought out.

3 minutes ago, Bill B said:

I think the name says it all... isn't Shrek a troll? 

Don't feed him! :classic_dry:

Hey! You owe Shrek an apology!! He's an OGRE, not a troll, and a far more pleasant and conscientious fellow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1