New CC format horrible!

Here's how the Forum now displays on my computer at work, running MS Internet Explorer 11.   

This isn't a "learning curve" issue, it's a "how could they have ruined it so completely?"

It's completely unusable. 

Even while using Google Chrome on my home computer, I've noticed that the text-entry box for posting a new message sometimes "forgets" how to handle left/right and up/down arrows; the cursor just stays resolutely put.  

10-19-2018 1-31-16 PM.jpg

10-19-2018 1-32-03 PM.jpg

10-19-2018 1-32-55 PM.jpg

10-19-2018 1-39-08 PM.jpg

10-19-2018 1-40-44 PM.jpg

16 minutes ago, Pellaz said:

Here's how the Forum now displays on my computer at work, running MS Internet Explorer 11.   

This isn't a "learning curve" issue, it's a "how could they have ruined it so completely?"

Even while using Google Chrome on my home computer, I've noticed that the text-entry box for posting a new message sometimes "forgets" how to handle left/right and up/down arrows; the cursor just stays resolutely put.  

10-19-2018 1-31-16 PM.jpg

10-19-2018 1-32-03 PM.jpg

10-19-2018 1-32-55 PM.jpg

10-19-2018 1-39-08 PM.jpg

10-19-2018 1-40-44 PM.jpg

Mine looks nothing like this, but I use chrome both on laptop and my phone.

Very clean.  Maybe posting from work is not a good idea. 😏

image.thumb.png.8d62ee866ce08960a20b7308da74d010.png

image.thumb.png.c2379ac5e2e1ba5bb58d0aaedef65b98.png

image.png

Edited by John&LaLa

11 minutes ago, Pellaz said:

I've experienced this loss of formatting on other web sites. If one inspects the execution log it is generally traceable to errors, generally failures to load a resource such as a css file. I don't have enough tech knowledge to figure out the cause of each failure, but in some cases it is an invalid or insecure url. In the case of a computer behind a corporate firewall, it may be that some domains are blocked.

Edited by broberts

I used to enjoy reading CC using Tapatalk on my phone or tablet while relaxing.  Since I'm an application analyst, I already spend enough time looking at a big screen.  Now I find it very difficult to navigate around on my phone.  Honestly I feel such a sense of loss because it's not really enjoyable to read CC on my phone.  If they aren't working with Tapatalk, I suppose they aren't working with any other apps as some have suggested.  I guess I'll just have to keep checking in to see if they return to Tapatalk.  Such a shame they did this.

38 minutes ago, broberts said:

I've experienced this loss of formatting on other web sites. If one inspects the execution log it is generally traceable to errors, generally failures to load a resource such as a css file. I don't have enough tech knowledge to figure out the cause of each failure, but in some cases it is an invalid or insecure url. In the case of a computer behind a corporate firewall, it may be that some domains are blocked.

Yep, I've had that happen on occasion with some of our own internal intranet sites and servers.   

Alas, the problem with CruiseCritic (yeah, maybe a CSS issue) has been continual.