Having trouble with my followed content

So I have been off CC for 2 weeks while on a cruise and I have come back to this upgrade... Trying to figure out how to view the threads I follow. After changing preferences on these threads, the order they are in is now by the date/time of the change of the preference?? Is there any way to change this to threads with new posts first like it was before? Now when there is a new post, the thread title is bold but it may be the 6th thread in the list. Also there is no blue dot to go to the new post. I didn't like the last upgrade and now this one seems even worse.

Edited to add - this thread was not added to my follow list automatically like before. I had to follow it manually...

Edited by Cardex

On 10/21/2018 at 8:05 AM, Cardex said:

So I have been off CC for 2 weeks while on a cruise and I have come back to this upgrade... Trying to figure out how to view the threads I follow. After changing preferences on these threads, the order they are in is now by the date/time of the change of the preference?? Is there any way to change this to threads with new posts first like it was before? Now when there is a new post, the thread title is bold but it may be the 6th thread in the list. Also there is no blue dot to go to the new post. I didn't like the last upgrade and now this one seems even worse.

Edited to add - this thread was not added to my follow list automatically like before. I had to follow it manually...

You want to use the Activity Streams (Activity tab, then "My Activity Streams") section to achieve what you are asking now. Set up the filters to display your followed content with newest first and it will work. That's how I did it. 

You can then save the filter set and name it whatever you want. There is also a little check box next to the title at the top that will allow you to make it your default stream, which also puts a shortcut to it on the home page under the search box on the right. It works pretty slick and I love it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2018 at 9:05 AM, Cardex said:

Manage Followed Content is designed for adjusting notification settings, not following content. Use https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/followed-content/ to view content you follow.

See the Automatically follow new content I post and Automatically follow content I reply to in https://boards.cruisecritic.com/notifications/options/. If you make changes don't forget to use the Save button.

Also, below the save button is a set of notification options you may want to adjust. That section has its own Save button at the bottom.