Red Hook to JFK transfer

FennoExpress

You have to remember that city taxis also have constantly running meters that under certain circumstances cost more.

With city traffic and ongoing construction on the Gowanus Expressway and Belt Parkway can add up unexpected cost.

Black Cars are estimated by Zones.

This is IMHO........Local Car Services also by Zones and also Set Distance Pricing.

Do your homework...  

Yesterday, I took a pre-booked taxi from JFK to Marriott Brooklyn Bridge. The ride took. 60 minutes to go 14 miles, due to heavy traffic. Glad I wasn't paying a metered rate with all that stop time.

I'm too lazy to research taxi companies for every city I visit, so  I just use Booking dot com Airport Taxis. It's easy peasy and I've used it all over the world including some pretty oscure places like Tbilisi. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BklynBoy8, I'm at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge on your recommendation. It's a very convenient location. I have lots of Marriott points, so no cash outlay except for the mandatory $25 resort fee. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mercruiser said:

BklynBoy8, I'm at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge on your recommendation. It's a very convenient location. I have lots of Marriott points, so no cash outlay except for the mandatory $25 resort fee. 

Appreciate your confidence. 

Lots around there also..

Enjoy!

12 hours ago, techteach said:

@Mercruiser We are also staying at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge. Please leave a post regarding your experience. FYI - I, and DH, both grew up in Spokane and will be there for Memorial Day visiting cemeteries.

Enjoy your trip to Spokane.

I'm vert happy with the Marriott. You cannot beat the location. It's right by a subway station for Manhattan trips. It's also centrally located for Brooklyn area attractions. 

11 minutes ago, Mercruiser said:

I'm vert happy with the Marriott. You cannot beat the location. It's right by a subway station for Manhattan trips. It's also centrally located for Brooklyn area attractions. 

As A Brooklynite downtown can be very interesting.

There is a version of Macy's on Fulton Street.

You can stroll Montague Street and all the Shops.

On a beautiful day/night a stroll along Montague Street toward the Brooklyn Heights Promenade to see Lower Manhattan, Brooklyn Bridge and the activity in the East River. Also the Statue of Liberty. But in the evening all a glitter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, techteach said:

I looked closely at our billing statement and discovered Cunard had booked us for a transfer from JFK to the port in addition to port to JFK. I called and we are receiving $120. refund.

On their own ? Strange they did that. I know when we booked they asked us what airport we were close to. We told them that we are only 12 minutes from the terminal and have private transportation to the ship. Glad you can use the $$ for something else.

15 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

On their own ? Strange they did that. I know when we booked they asked us what airport we were close to. We told them that we are only 12 minutes from the terminal and have private transportation to the ship. Glad you can use the $$ for something else.

I found my email where I was very specific that we need port to JFK on July 7. I gave my Cunard TA all of our flight details, we arrive on the 28th, not the 30th,  so she booked it without my asking. I’m glad I caught it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, techteach said:

I found my email where I was very specific that we need port to JFK on July 7. I gave my Cunard TA all of our flight details, we arrive on the 28th, not the 30th,  so she booked it without my asking. I’m glad I caught it.

Shame 

10 hours ago, techteach said:

Susan,

So did  you get the transportation from Brooklyn to your airline at JFK on our arrival day?

So glad you are coming two days before since those coming in on sail day can be too close for comfort especially if weather can effect it. We have seen in the past the ship held up because of late arrival from the airport. In 2017 we didn't sail till 630 because of a late arrival at JFK. WOW the way that car arrived at the pier. I think some of the ropes were off ready to take off once the people boarded.

So glad documents are all correct. I know you want to arrival relaxed and ready for your trip..

Looking forward to meeting you and DH...

We have a very nice morning exploring Brooklyn. We walked to the Brooklyn Heights Promenade, where I took this photo. You can see QM2 on the upper right. We then went down to the waterfront under the Brooklyn Bridge. 

Sent from QM2 the next day, SE of Cape Cod on eastbound crossing. 

PXL_20230526_141426662.thumb.jpg.276a81e82501c1a1b1084b3fec5025d6.jpg

Edited by Mercruiser
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, techteach said:

@BklynBoy8 We have a car arranged to take us from port to JFK on July 7. That was the original booking through Cunard.

That's great. I know when we are on the ship awaiting disembarking we see all the buses and black cars from the Promenade Deck.....So yours will be one of them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Oops, Sheraton Brooklyn.

Roy

Ray,

Love your photos !

I have not heard anyone staying there expect for the Marriott on Adams Street

We do our research on trip thru Tripadvisor and here us a their link

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60827-d1719217-Reviews-Sheraton_Brooklyn_New_York_Hotel-Brooklyn_New_York.html

Also we have known people that have stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites on Third Ave. They just head by cab to Hamilton Ave on Third and straight passed the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel to the Terminal Gate some 5 - 10 minute run. Just mentioning. They liked it......

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60827-d1657771-Reviews-La_Quinta_Inn_Suites_by_Wyndham_Brooklyn_Downtown-Brooklyn_New_York.html

Wish you good researching................................................

• Thanks 1

I used Lyft. The Marriott will give you a $15 off coupon which brings the cost down to about $10.

Hint: Book a Lyft XL. It costs about the same as a standard Lyft but gets you a larger, newer vehicle.

• Like 1